Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

July 20th, 2017 19:00

auora r6 oc disabled in bios, also got the message when adding ram that oc levels have been reset.

I'm not even sure if the model I have is able to be oc'd. But the option is greyed out in the Bios, and when I installed new ram it said oc levels have been reset. It was either installing the ram or the ssd. Not sure which.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

July 21st, 2017 09:00

If you have a question it alludes me.

I think Aurora-R6 motherboard looks for an Intel K-class processor before the OC options become usable.

- What exact processor and ram do you have installed?
- What BIOS version are you running ? (there are recent new ones)

27 Posts

July 21st, 2017 14:00

core i5-7400 3.0ghz

It came with a single 8g ddr4, i've since added another single dimm of 2400.

bios version 1.0.7

I just wanted to know if I should worry about the oc levels have been reset message, and I was asking if it was able to be oc'd since it is greyed out in the bios.

27 Posts

July 21st, 2017 20:00

Every time you change your ram it will tell you when you boot it up after install forgot the wording exactly but it will say press F1 to continue or F2 to check reset or something like that. and if you bought ram that can be over clocked unless you have a k processor you wont be able to over clock it in bios.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

July 22nd, 2017 11:00

posthxc1982 wrote:

1. core i5-7400 3.0ghz . I was asking if it was able to be oc'd since it is greyed out in the bios version 1.0.7

2. It came with a single 8g ddr4, i've since added another single dimm of 2400.

3. I just wanted to know if I should worry about the oc levels have been reset message, and 

1. I don't think OC will be possible with that non-K-class Intel processor.

2. Probably running Single-Channel. For Dual-Channel, DIMMs must match exactly, and be in the proper slots (see my Bookmarks and PDF Manual).

3. If not messing with DIMMs, you should not be seeing this message any more.

27 Posts

July 22nd, 2017 15:00

So, since i bought some generic crucial ram they are not matched exactly. And the processor can't be overclocked, correct? Also I only saw the message when i popped the new ram dimm in, not since.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

July 22nd, 2017 21:00

posthxc1982 wrote:

1. So, since i bought some generic crucial ram they are not matched exactly.

2. And the processor can't be overclocked, correct?

3. Also I only saw the message when i popped the new ram dimm in, not since.

1. OK, if you say so. CPUID's CPUz will show you if they match exactly. 

2. Right. AFAIK, it must be a K-model.

3. Good. That is normal.

27 Posts

July 23rd, 2017 00:00

1. Please excuse my ignorance. I haven't worked internally on pc's since I was in my teens. I didn't know if they had to match brand/make/model. They are matched in performance specs.

I did have the ram in the wrong slot, one was in the black pre-installed, the other was in a white slot, now it's showing dual channel but it's reading the ram

DRAM freq 1196/1197

NB freq 1296/1295

They are 2400mhz dimms. I'm not sure why cpu-z and speccy are saying the same freq.

I have read elsewhere that you need to multiply it by two due to the programs not being able to read the speed correctly.

And it's telling me that they are both 2400(1200)

and the additional information is showing at 1200mhz.

The crucial I have installed says dual now that they are both in matching slots

but they hyundai that came pre-installed is reading as only single channel.

Which, is also curious to me.

Speccy tells me this:

16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1197MHz (17-17-17-39)

No Events found!