Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 21st, 2017 19:00

bluetooth peripheral device missing driver Alienware M14x

Holy crap batman!  Drivers for Alienware m14x snowball into multiple issues on clean install. 

I cannot install the camera driver because it fails to see the camera.  I cannot install bluetooth drivers because every new drive seems to either add more "bluetooth peripheral devices" that lack drivers or it just fails.  Mystery devices do not have drivers nor do any of the drivers from Dell.com work.

This M14x has been a pain in the ass from the get go with lack luster support because it is the first series released after Alienware was purchased by Dell.  Where this laptop should be a beast, it is a plastic doorstop with limited function because every driver doesnt work or needs to be installed in a sequence that no one seems to know.

If only they built a framework that captured and installed drivers for their systems... 

No need to answer.  I will keep trudging on in this forum that apparently I am the only one asking about bluetooth drivers in.  The forum search sucks or everyone else has it figured out or just gave up.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 21st, 2017 20:00

Sounds pretty old, but so is my Aurora-R1. I say keep them around until they stop working.

Not sure what version of Windows you are trying to install but make sure it's 64bit because all the Dell posted/validated drivers are.  In a way ... Windows-7/64bit should be easier because that's what came on it. On the other hand ... Windows-10/64bit is newer and with better driver support.

1. At least one try should be with real Ethernet cable (not WiFi) connected from the beginning. Tell it to install latest version. Run Windows Update after it finishes and keep running it until it says you are up-to-date. Only "patch up" devices that show in error.

2. Second try ... clean install. After you do first-time-setup ... install the Dell validated Windows-7 Intel ChipSet drivers FIRST. Then Reboot. Again,  only install Dell drivers for devices that show in error (keep it lean).

Finally, you can get a tiny USB Kinivo Bluetooth-3.0 radio for like $10.

No Events found!