Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

July 15th, 2016 10:00

boot to black screen blinking cursor

Hello, I have desktop with alienware x51   bios version ao2.  Several months ago I loaded Windows 10 and have run with no problems, running 3 monitors, 2 hdmi and vga.

I have run ePSA and all passed, showing no failures and a green check by each area tested and has check by it.

I cannot get to windows so cannot turn on the F8 function on boot to attempt to restore.

I have searched the internet and tried quite a few suggested corrections, nothing has worked.   Unfortunately I lost the disks that came with the computer.  I have emailed the service desk about buying new disks, but have not heard back.  Any suggestions or fixes that have worked for anyone here?

July 15th, 2016 15:00

Hi,

Try loading the BIOS default settings and changing the Boot mode as well. If there is no change and you still need your Windows media to troubleshoot further send me a PM with your information to check your case.

2 Posts

July 17th, 2016 18:00

Thanks Kevin.  I ended up downloading the Microsoft Windows 10 boot disk and was able to restore, now working.  Thanks for your reply to help.

No Events found!