Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 9th, 2012 09:00

extend warrenty?

[1] Area-51® X58 wartime edition purchased in Sept 09.  My 3-year ran out, is it possible to extend the warrenty?

November 15th, 2012 15:00

Hello Mark, in legacy Alienware systems there is no service tag that is right. We still have a system to pull up the information. In this case the warranty can't be extended any more. Thank you

372 Posts

I have a pre service tag system.  I sent you the order number.

2.6K Posts

Hello Mark,

To assist you further with this, I would request you to private message me the system service tag number. To private message, click on my user name and click start conversation. 
I’d be glad to assist you further and let you know the next course of action.
Awaiting your response! 

2.6K Posts

November 11th, 2012 03:00

HI, 

I have got you private message and also replied to it.

372 Posts

November 15th, 2012 10:00

FYI, not all DELL Alienware systems have a Dell number on them.  At the time of purchase of Alienware, AW actually continued to assemble computers in their factory.  Dell did not just walk in the day it bought AW and move everything that minute.  It took a few months to coordinate this activity.  

During that time the last AW machines were being assembled with the older alien style case.  I got one of those last ones.  Around the end of Sept. 2009 production was fully assigned to Dell and a new case and system with a much smaller motherboard were introduced.  At that time the Dell sticker was "finally" introduced to the AW case.  I have one of those computers missing the Dell sticker.  

My system has just had the warranty expire.  Can they be extended?  No there is not Dell label with a service code nor anything else listing Dell.  It does have an associated order code.  

To: me

Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 13:16:14 -0400

Subject: Alienware Order Confirmation -- Automated Response

Congratulations on your Alienware purchase! The details of your order are as follows:

Customer Name: Mark Shaheen

Date Ordered: 8/18/2009

Order Number: Order number removed per privacy policy>

Is there anyone at Dell who understand there is no label and can the warranty be extended.  No it's not in the bios, on the case, in the case, hovering around the case nor an electronic signal being beamed into space.  There is no tag.  The order number is all there is and is how Alienware listed me and my account.

372 Posts

November 15th, 2012 11:00

Dell-Chris can you help me with this please?  We have successfully worked together on this stuff in the past!

No Events found!