Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 1st, 2016 12:00

gtx 970 problem

Good day.

I recently bought an gtx 970 evga blower type from ebay.

When I put it inside my x51 r2, it seemed to work fine. But for some reason, my computer didn't register it as a gtx 970. I believe it listed it as a general or standard drive or something like that.

Suddenly my computer acted up. A bunch of icons dissappeared. And in shut down, the option sleep mode disappeared. (I use windows 8,1). When I rebooted, I ended up with a light blue screen (not BSOT), mouse cursor was only thing present. alienware loading screen was present.

I ended up putting my old gtx 745 back in and was forced to renew my PC. It works again.

Can anyone help me? Was this because of my gtx 970? Or was it just a problem with windows?

I will also mention that I was updating my Intel(R) HD grapgics 4600 driver when that happened.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

October 3rd, 2016 17:00

Hi,

Remember this computer has an integrated video card (HDMI located at the top half) and the discrete card (located at the bottom half), so make sure you're connecting the monitor to the discrete card.

Then, try connecting the GTX970 again and just do a clean install of the 970 Nvidia driver.

Let me know how it goes!

20 Posts

October 13th, 2016 11:00

This helped. Thanks a lot.

No Events found!