Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 10th, 2012 13:00

kg900 tactx keyboard issues with usb Alienware

Recently I noticed my media buttons of play, stop, sound up and down quit working, I plug in to another computer it works fine.  My issues is looking at drivers they say HID not tactx.  I have uninstalled and tryed diffrent ports key board and lighting work just fine but still no reaction on the media keys.  Some one said microsoft lauched a bunch of media file sout soo it defaulting to that but I have no clue how to change that.  I have downloaded the new drivers as well and thats should be explained as clar as day but I guess you have to know what yoru doing as for what I installed was the the 3b-TactXKB-x64 cause im rinning win 7 unlitimate and have that and the ci installed as well.  I need suggestions please or a good walk thru to what I need to do.  Please....Alienware Aurora I belive its the R2 Desktop

10 Posts

June 10th, 2012 15:00

ok I guess it was moved :-)

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

June 10th, 2012 15:00

kpeterson22

The best forum to post this in, is the Alienware Owners Club HERE.

Bev.

June 11th, 2012 13:00

Hi check this out!

My recommendation before you send the e-mail is to try uninstalling all the Tactx drivers and reinstalling them from support.dell.com/alienware.

Also you can try a system restore to a point when the computer was working fine (Start, type "system restore" on the search bar and follow the on-screen instructions).

After that you can try a full factory reset (this will delete the information on your computer but you will take the computer back to the way it was when you received it).

10 Posts

June 20th, 2012 01:00

I have done what you asked and the computer will not go back 3 weeks 2nd thr drivers were removed by a tech and reinstalled  but I really dont to reformat cause I will be back at sqaure 1 same issues like last time I formated the computer.

10 Posts

June 20th, 2012 01:00

No offense I am tired of hearing reformat when computer us that yoru only resolution when theres nothing wrong with the computer is format and reinstall?? really thats it........ I need a maping solution not a format from what I been told by techs

June 20th, 2012 08:00

Have you tried this driver.?

The reason why we ask you to reformat is because there may be a corruption in the O.S, if you need a walkthrough to reinstall it and get all the drivers in, here it is.

No Events found!