Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

November 30th, 2011 13:00

m11x questions/problems, no answer from email support

I had a couple questions/issues with my m11x  (screen touching keyboard,  rubber feet not even/wobbling) and I went to the Dell site on Thanksgiving week and saw I had only until Turkey Day on my warranty (it was a Best Buy open box/refurb purchase).

Anyway, unable to call in due to holidays, I decided to email support@alienware.com which I saw here.   But two emails and a week later, no response (not even a "this email isn't in service you'll have to call" or "we can't help you cause you bought a refurb")?

Main question is, should I expect any answer from that email?    Secondary question is....now that it is officially out of warranty, should I bother calling about those two issues or just try to fix it myself?

November 30th, 2011 19:00

The screen touching the keyboard is common, but not too problematic. The screen (glass over the screen) is very scratch resistant, marks you see are finger grease from the keyboard and clean off. (note: you should clean your screen regularly because the longer you wait the harder it takes to rub off the dried grease, stains, fingerprints, etc.) Secondly, if the rubber feet issue is bothering you, you can make your own fix by: 1 pull off the feet, 2 use exacto knife, scalpel, or razor blade to shave off a few mm off the feet that are touching till they are even with the ones that aren't touching, 3 glue the modded feet back on.  

3 Posts

December 1st, 2011 12:00

Thanks for tips, hoping to hear why Alienware doesn't bother to answer their support email though (even though its sticky'd in this forum!)...and if there's anything they can do?

I'll keep your tips under advisement if I get nothing, though, thanks!

3 Posts

December 5th, 2011 12:00

Guess they read these forums about as much as they read their emails....oh well... :)

No Events found!