Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 3rd, 2013 03:00

m14x r2 no windows 8 resource DVD?

hi guys,

I'm in need to restore my m14x r2 to factory settings after too many steam game installs and various visual studio installs have resulted in a nasty mess.

So I opened up my little black envelope and lo and behold no windows 8 disc?! I have an alienware resource disc which is splendid but no way to restore my laptop.

could dell send me one out please lol

EDIT: or provide a link to download an iso

cheers

3.1K Posts

April 3rd, 2013 05:00

Hi Maluslupus,

New system are not shipped with recovery discs. If the system is able to boot into Windows, You can restore your computer using Alien Respawn application.

Note: This step leads to complete data loss including pictures, music files, videos, documents and applications. Please disconnect any external peripherals as well

On the Windows 8 start screen -> type Alien Respawn -> click Restore -> Restore my Computer -> Click Yes, Next -> Select the Factory Image -> The system would prompt the user to ensure that they are selecting the correct backup point. Click Yes once verified -> The system restarts and goes ahead with restoring the factory image as per the recovery point selected. Follow the on-screen instructions to setup the Operating System. (options may vary).

Hope this helps.

15 Posts

April 3rd, 2013 05:00

hi thanks for the reply, but there is no factory image listed. I've tried this....there are no items listed to restore to?

3.1K Posts

April 5th, 2013 06:00

Hi Maluslupus,

In order to assist you better, I would need some information. I am sending you a private message. Please reply with required information.

Please reply if you have any questions.

15 Posts

April 5th, 2013 07:00

I've sent you message with service tag and order numbers.

cheers

3.1K Posts

April 19th, 2013 04:00

Hi Maluslupus,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please write back. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

No Events found!