Highlighted
gaddzp
1 Nickel

microphone is being picked up but not working somehow- alienware x51, giotek ex-05

i am using gioteck ex-05 headset, usb. yesterday it was working completely fine.
and then today i switched on my pc, and the sound was coming out of the headset, but NO sound was going through the microphone.

i have been through recoding devices, the device is active etc, and enabled. when i do i speak into it, it picks up no sounds.

this is not just the mic being faulty, as the mic works in my laptop, and i have tried other mics in my pc, and they do not work either.
i have tried reinstalling my audio drivers : no effect

i have attempted all of the following to resolve this:

reinstalled all audio driver

tried placing into different usb ports

used microphone on another pc- they work fine

used a different microphone on same pc- they dont work either

the mic and headset are both set to default and are enabled

i do however get a slight registering when i mute and un-mute the head set using the headset controls. but thats it.

also on "dell audio by realtek"  the giotek ex05 shows, but is faded out, under the title " realtek microphone technology"

problem is still persistant. 

please, any help would be gratefully recieved

0 Kudos
5 Replies
gaddzp
1 Nickel

Re: microphone is being picked up but not working somehow- alienware x51, giotek ex-05

also checked any related devices in device manager, i checked that all the usb ports were working properly, and the soundcard.

0 Kudos

Re: microphone is being picked up but not working somehow- alienware x51, giotek ex-05

Hi gaddzp,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused and appreciate that you’ve tried a couple of steps to isolate the issue.
We’ll try a couple of more steps to check the functionality of the Hardware.

1. Try Performing a System Restore to an earlier date when it was working fine.
    Click on the link below which has steps to perform System Restore
http://dell.to/10AJXGY

2. Under Device Manger, Uninstall all the USB root hubs and restart the same

3. Tap F12 during startup, Select Diagnostics.

4. The ePSA starts running the quick test without waiting for user input.

Upon completion of the test it will either you an error message if any hardware part is failure, If all the hardware parts
are functional it will ask to restart the computer.

Please complete the above mentioned steps and reply us back with your findings.

Thanks and Regards,
Munawar P
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US / India.
For Dell support videos click here.

0 Kudos
gaddzp
1 Nickel

Alienware x51. microphones are no longer functioning.

i am using gioteck ex-05 headset, usb. yesterday it was working completely fine.
and then today i switched on my pc, and the sound was coming out of the headset, but NO sound was going through the microphone.

i have been through recoding devices, the device is active etc, and enabled. when i do i speak into it, it picks up no sounds.

this is not just the mic being faulty, as the mic works in my laptop, and i have tried other mics in my pc, and they do not work either.
i have tried reinstalling my audio drivers : no effect.

any help would be gratefully recieved. 

0 Kudos
gaddzp
1 Nickel

Re: Alienware x51. microphones are no longer functioning.

still not working, please someone help, i have tried absolutely EVERYTHING.

reinstalled all audio driver

tried placing into different usb ports

used microphone on another pc- they work fine

used a different microphone on same pc- they dont work either

the mic and headset are both set to default and are enabled

i do however get a slight registering when i mute and un-mute the head set using the headset controls. but thats it.

also on "dell audio by realtek"  the giotek ex05 shows, but is faded out, under the title " realtek microphone technology"

0 Kudos
LeDoge
1 Copper

RE: microphone is being picked up but not working somehow- alienware x51, giotek ex-05

Hi, I'm obviously not the guy who started this thread but I have the same exact problems and have tried your advice, and literally everything else I could find. I tried using different mics, they show up up but still do not pick up any sound. I've tried re-installing drivers, no luck. I've purchased a USB adapter for the headphone jacks, sound through headphones still works but mic does not. I really need some help!

0 Kudos