Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 2nd, 2014 09:00

plugged in not charging

I am really upset with the treatment I have received from you customer service. 

here is the sequence of events:

first: The laptop started to show a plugged in not charging at 64%

second:  I did all the on-line steps for fixing this issue and nothing worked. 

Third:  I contacted Alienware in London ( I live in London and I purchased the laptop from California ) to fix the issue they sent a technician in to replace motherboard, battery and screen ( the screen had 3 burned out spots which works fine now).

FourthThe technician that came in had a malfunctioning battery according to him. when he tested it out it said it had life for 70%! my old battery had 21% I ordered the laptop in august. 

Fifth: when I called back they refused to send me another battery and said they have to check the laptop, which I am fine with,  I told them I am travelling around this month and I won't be in London. The response was we can pick it up anywhere in Europe! and now when I am in Bulgaria which I am staying in for the next 3 weeks I called to have them pick it up: the response was completely different saying we don't pick up in Bulgaria! which is opposite to what you guys said before. I tried to talk to a supervisor they refused and said we don't have anyone that you can talk to and no one is available. 

I am on vacation now and I go back to work on the 21st! I was trying to fix the laptop before I can start working again since this laptop is what I use at school. I am back in London on the 19th,  I will start work again on the 21st I need clear dates if I don't have my laptop it will be a lot of problems for me. I just want clear answers! when will I get the laptop back ? how long it  will take them to fix it proper answers,clear answers.

The issue now with my battery that it's not fixed yet and now my keyboard light are not responding like before they don't shut off and when I press the caps-lock light it doesn't change and the battery has went bad to the point the laptop only work when it's plugged in. 

the other thing is when the technician came and replaced the screen, motherboard and faulty battery the laptop gets a lot more hotter which wasn't the case before. 

I want clear answers and someone I can properly talk to, I was planning for this issue to be fixed before I go back to work, but since you guys tell me different information every time I call I am really confused. 

looking forward to hear back from you. 

thanks! 

1.8K Posts

April 2nd, 2014 10:00

Let's first check a couple of things to make sure the power problem is in fact the battery. I need you to access the BIOS (press F2 repeatedly when you see the Alien head at start-up) and check if the AC adapter type says: "unknown". Then, check if the AC adapter blue or green light is always on, or if it flickers or fades out when connecting it to the computer.

After that, I recommend you download HWmonitor and check the CPU and Video Card temperatures. This way we can verify if there's an overheating problem. 

About getting the computer serviced in Bulgaria, I'll be forwarding your case to the UK Technical Support team, so you should expect a response from them soon. 

1 Message

April 3rd, 2014 04:00

^ i have the above problem and need help rectifying this immediately. When i turn my computer on it says it doesn't recognize the charger and to go into BiOS. I go into bios, and it says the charger is unknown. The charger light is on and if i take it out and plug it back in it will charge briefly for 30 seconds then stop. How is this fixed. 

1.8K Posts

April 3rd, 2014 13:00

That means the problem is the AC adapter and you need to get it replaced. Send me a personal message with your Service Tag so I can review your case.

1.8K Posts

April 3rd, 2014 14:00

If you received any errors on the test, you can post the codes from the ePSA here or share the pictures on this same thread.

1.8K Posts

Hi again shokair, I've sent you a friend request. Accept it so I can send you a private message with some information about the service you requested for your computer.

4 Posts

Hi Naomi, 

Thank you for the support, I really appreciate it. I also have an update of where I ran a bios test and I want share the finding.  can you share an email address I can send the images to? 

best,

Ahmed 

4 Posts

April 3rd, 2014 15:00

photo-1.jpgphoto-2.jpgphoto-3.jpg

4 Posts

April 3rd, 2014 15:00

Also please understand that this battery is a brand new battery according to the technician that came and replaced the screen, motherboard and battery. 

I am not sure what's going on and why is the battery going bad that fast! 

No Events found!