Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 23rd, 2013 09:00

solid state drive for XP51?

installing a SSD into my XP51 for additional speed becomes more & more interesting as SSD prices drop.  Is there a bay inside the XP51 for a SSD?  If so, how would I move the OS to the SSD without a installation disk?

XP51, Windows 8 Pro

TIA & Cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula  :)

BTW ... I thought there was a Alienware specific forum, but I was not able to find it ...

1.5K Posts

October 24th, 2013 10:00

Hi RAREWOLF,

Thanks for providing us this information. You can definitely add a SSD harddrive on this system. Even SSD harddrive also connects to the SATA port available on the system.

Please check the link below where you can purchase the SSD harddrive for your system:

SSD for Alienware X51

I hope it answers your query. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us. 

1.5K Posts

October 23rd, 2013 11:00

Hi RAREWOLF,

Please let us know the correct model number for your system as XP51 isnt a correct model. Below are the Alienware Desktop and Laptop models available with us:

Alienware Desktops

Aleinware Laptops

And, yes we have a forum specific for alienware system as well. Check this thread below for the same:

Alienware Club

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

34 Posts

October 23rd, 2013 13:00

Ooops! ... according to the list of Alienware desktops you provided, my computer is a X51 ... not XP51.  Let me know if I should more appropriately post the same query to the Alienware club ...

Thank you for your excellent support!

34 Posts

October 24th, 2013 04:00

Thanks Vanzelot!  Before I can close this thread out as solved, I need to know if there's a physical slot for a SSD inside the X51(?)

Cheerios :)

1.5K Posts

October 25th, 2013 10:00

Hi rarewolf,

Its great to hear that it answered your query. If you have any queries in future feel free to reach out to us.

No Events found!