Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 6th, 2012 21:00

touchpad issue please help

Okay for some reason i when i disable my touchpad to use a usb mouse because the touchpad gets in my way when i use the keyboard for gaming. Once i unplug my mouse the touchpad is still disabled. i have already uninstalled/reinstall the driver and even tried updating it. So far no luck and i cant find anyone else who is experiencing the same issue. if someone could reply to this asap because i have a Dell tech coming to put my laptop back together correctly for the 3rd time now...so i can call Dell support and have them update the scope of work for the tech.

40 Posts

May 6th, 2012 22:00

Have you tried going into device manager and enabling it?

21 Posts

May 6th, 2012 23:00

yes i have tried from the device manager and from alientouch... :(

22 Posts

May 7th, 2012 12:00

No problem! Please keep me updated ;)

22 Posts

What kind of mouse do you have? Some mice interfer with the touchpad drivers for some reason on models from various brands. Try to uninstall the drivers for your touchpad and your mouse, then install the mouse drivers first. If it comes without drivers, let windows auto install drivers when you connect the mouse. When you're done with that, try to install the touchpad drivers. If you still have problems, please let me know! :)

21 Posts

i have a Logitech G9x and i will try that and see if that works. thanks for the quick response!!

21 Posts

May 7th, 2012 20:00

no luck... i uninstalled all the drivers for the mouse/touchpad and reinstalled them in the order you recommended. Still not working...also my shortcut panel on the upper right hand corner doesn't always respond after i boot up. i want to say 4 out of 5 boot ups and it wont work for the first 10-15mins...i am going to call dell tomorrow about that but i was wondering if you ran into that issue. id really hate to send it off to dell for the 4th time and ive only had it since the February of this year. :( let me know if there is anything else i should try...

22 Posts

May 8th, 2012 01:00

Have you updated the Alienware Command Centre and AlienTouch?

22 Posts

May 8th, 2012 12:00

It's most likely software as I've seen similar problems with certain mice and certain drivers for touchpads. I've also had a similar issue, but that vanished after I re-installed the drivers. Too bad this doesn't work for you : /

Have you updated the drivers for your motherboard? If not, try doing that before you install the drivers in the given order. Aslo: check if you've installed the mouse drivers the correct way. Some peripherals crave that you plug them in during a certain step or after you've installed the drivers to work properly.

21 Posts

May 8th, 2012 12:00

yes, i have tried updating both...could it be a motherboards issue or do you think its software? i wouldn't really have to hate to do a complete wipe of my HD then starting from scratch...i was planning on doing that when i got my ssd drive.

21 Posts

May 8th, 2012 14:00

okay i will try that...now one of my co-workers who an IT guy said it might be the alienware command center. should i tried reinstall that application? after i try uninstalling and reinstalling the other drivers. I have tried to update all my drivers  through the device manager.  should i do a little bit of digging to make sure i have the current drivers or will using device manager be sufficient? also i have a m11x r2 that doesn't have that issue so i know it has to be a software issue...

22 Posts

May 9th, 2012 02:00

Yes, try to do that after you've installed the other drivers and tested them :)

21 Posts

May 9th, 2012 23:00

well i cant get it to work...oh well i will call dell about it tomorrow and see what they can do for me. thanks for your help!!

22 Posts

May 10th, 2012 10:00

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get the help you need there! :)

21 Posts

May 10th, 2012 13:00

yea i spoke to dell and they told me that after i  try reinstalling my o.s. and drivers...if i am still having problems they will have to replace whatever hardware that may be causing the issue. So once i get my ssd drive i am going to do a complete wipe and install of my o.s. Hopefully that will solve my issue if not i woudlnt mind a new motherboard... :) i have already had a hmdi in port, screen and palmrest/keyboard/keyboard frame replaced...i think they would be better off sending me a whole new laptop...even tho i know they wont.

22 Posts

May 11th, 2012 04:00

Well, you don't know yet, unless you are able to see the future or have access to a flying DeLorean ;)
It sounds like it would be wise to take it in, but since I'm no expert in this area, I suggest you just wait for a reply from DELL technicians.
They have the knowledge and experience.

No Events found!