funnydoodle
1 Copper

tv not picking hdmi signal from x51 after restarting

the first time i boot up my new x51, i used the hdmi cable to output on my samsung tv... the pc detected the cable and had no problem displaying it on the tv.... however, after i restart the pc, the tv is not detecting anything from the x51! how do i fix this? i do not have a vga cable right now so i dont have any alternatives.... are there anyways we can reset the display to hdmi with any key combination on the keyboard?

0 Kudos
13 Replies

Re: tv not picking hdmi signal from x51 after restarting

i have the same problem i need a key combination or something because i cant see anything on my except a blue screen. the comp is weird and doesnt even have a VGA port. Is this nonsense???

0 Kudos

Are you both using the onboard HDMI Intel HD2000 or the HDMI on the Geforce GT545/GT555?

0 Kudos

Geforce GT545/GT555 i think. right after i started to install the microsoft windows 7 home premium sp1 64 bit -  my screen went blue and said no signal. the only thing i would guess to do is to go to walmart and buy a different video cable...

0 Kudos

do u know what to do chris?

0 Kudos

You might ask the OS guys, but I do not know if the HDMI out works when installing the OS clean from the OS CD? I thought you had to use VGA or DVI?

0 Kudos
funnydoodle
1 Copper

i've fix the problem by using a dvi to hdmi cable.....  i guess the pc doesn't automatically detects the hdmi output... either that, or there's no way to use the hdmi port as the primary display output for the pc.... oh well...

0 Kudos
Andre86
1 Copper

I just received my x51 today and it ran great for a few hours using the hdmi to a tv. Did all my basic new computer stuff and after a reboot the hdmi out  on the board stopped working. I had to use video card and connect to a monitor to see the comp screen. While it was running on the monitor I plugged in the hdmi from the tv but the comp wouldn't/couldn't detect the tv. Not sure if the comp settings are running only the video card outputs and not from the discrete mb graphics.

0 Kudos

The gtx555 has a Mini-HDMI port. To get it to run on your TV, you'll need a Mini-HDMI to HDMI cable. I had no problems going from both PC display to TV. I know the integrated card is HDMI. Are you sure your using the right port?

0 Kudos
Andre86
1 Copper

I saw the mini  hdmi port on the card. I ordered a Mini-HDMI to HDMI cable today. When I first unpacked the computer I used the full  size hdmi port to plug it into my tv. It worked fine. Sound too. The computer did its updates and when it said restart I did and the hdmi port hasn't  worked since. I think this might be a software setting that changed somehow. It just seemed strange that it no longer even recognizes the tv as a 2nd screen in the display settings. This is my first new  pc computer in almost 10 years so I apologize if my tech savvy isn't up to date.

0 Kudos