Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

August 4th, 2017 22:00

5 Posts

August 4th, 2017 23:00

I like alienware but i returned mine sadly. It had a faulty keyboard and well i needed it for college. I'm bummed that i was so excited and had to return it. Tried asking if i could take it to be repaired at dell's center but no reply. It was such an amazing laptop

August 5th, 2017 03:00

envious because they can't afford it. some People think Alienware is overpriced which you actually can't deny. some of them really don't like how it looks. not everyone likes RGB Lights for Example. but most of them just don't use their Brain. they rather follow the Others and repead what they read on the Internet. i'm sure you know how Internet Anonymity works. being Hater isn't Hard nowadays.

Edit:

Edited my Post.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 5th, 2017 11:00

Who knows 

Maybe they are against all retail pre-built computers (Dell, HP Omen/Envy, etc.) ... thinking all computers should be custom built. Alienware is just an "easy target" in gaming-class space. Remember, a lot of these users are really just "playing games" on their computers.

They probably think Apple and/or Dell/HP Workstation-class computers are a rip-off also. There is a big following of the idea ... "just barely good enough" these days.

To some people, $100-$200 is a lot of money, or not realizing the little extra is mostly for assembly and warranty costs. I've priced-out desktops many times in a spreadsheet. If you select apple-to-apples line-item components (and stay away from extreme upgrades) the pricing to a custom build is comparable. I've found the available Alienware config-options to be inline with what I would select myself for an upper-end mainstream performance build.

For laptops it's an easier justification (since you can't really build one from scratch). Still, they might not like the bling, or decisions Alienware Engineers have made in actual motherboard build, components, or form-factor. They usually have a more-preferred make/model (sorta like vehicles).

August 5th, 2017 12:00

Im personally NOT a programmer, and know nothing about building computers... But as soon as I 1st saw Alienware Laptops I literally fell in LOVE with them..  Their looks, design, lighting, performance, durability, etc...  I understood they were a bit pricier then most, but WORTH it from my perspective...   Kinda like someone who knows nothing about vehicles, but sees a Lamborghini, and longs his whole life to own one....     May NOT be the fastest in the world, but its CERTAINLY VERY fast indeed, and gorgeous!      So my alienware is like my pride and joy...   I just dont get all the hate...  I ALSO prefer laptops, they are for more PORTABLE and convenient then a full home system... and far more useful I think...

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

August 5th, 2017 13:00

professorjpj wrote:

Im personally NOT a programmer, and know nothing about building computers...

And that's fine. 

Just know that people who do "know computers" or work in the industry ... choose to buy Alienware computers.

Some just want a nice turn-key pre-built machine with appropriately matched components and a warranty. As of now, you can't really buy a Dell or HP workstation-class machine (with large power-supply and liquid-cooler) that also has a pre-installed "mainstream" or gaming-class Nvidia video-card (ie GTX-1080, etc.).

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

August 5th, 2017 19:00

One would have to agree with the premise to answer that.  I disagree entirely.

August 5th, 2017 20:00

Well its been my experience that on MOST gaming forums the insults to alienware and put downs seem pretty consistent.. Its unfortunate, cause its my dream laptop, but the responses I get online are 90 percent negative..

30 Posts

August 6th, 2017 15:00

Internet is so useful isn’t it, but is also a pathetic cesspit. You need to be selective with what and where you read. Ultimately who cares what anyone else’s opinion is, since there is no reason to particularly hate AW laptops before any other brands, do you love yours? Well, if you do, that's all that matters.

No Events found!