Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2015 13:00

Alienware 15, Windows 10, Sound Issue

So when I installed windows 10 today, it seemed to mess up my sound. I couldn't figure out why, and windows told me to reinstall the Sound Blaster Control Panel. I uninstalled it like an idiot, and then realized I couldn't get it back through normal means. I ended up doing a program restore, and now it won't open at all. I'm asking here because it's a program that seems to come with all Alienware 15 (2015) laptops, as they all have this sound card. Probably. Also, I can't find an answer anywhere else. And yeah, I heard that 10 was doing some sound things to some PCs.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

July 29th, 2015 16:00

Try flashing the Bios to the latest version. Click here for the download link. Then try installing the audio driver to see if it works. Click here for audio driver download link. Let us know how it goes. 

July 30th, 2015 05:00

Thx! It work fine know.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

July 30th, 2015 07:00

You're welcome. Thank you for confirming this. Please let us know if you run into any other problems. 

1 Message

August 2nd, 2015 16:00

Hi, I've got an alienware M14. after downloading windows10 I lost sound when connecting to a tv screen. Sound only comes out from the PC speakers but not from the TV. the HDMI cable worked fine before and now carries image with no problems. Just the sound is a problem. Playback devices shows, in addition to the PC speakers, a digital audio (HDMI) slot that is grayed out and says it is not plugged in. 

I have looked online and most forums say to re-install drivers which I have done but with no success. also tried the driver you suggested above but it is not appropriate to my machine. 

any other suggestion to fix this issue? 

thanks a lot

August 6th, 2015 13:00

This has fixed my problem. Thank you very much.

1 Message

August 27th, 2015 15:00

Hello all,

I also upgraded yesterday to Windows 10 after reading on Dell's site that my computer has been tested and is compatible with Windows 10.

I'm having a similar problem, the sound works only with headphones, but not with the speakers. I have the above version of the BIOS and just installed the audio drivers, but the problem persists...

Please help.

Thank you.

3 Posts

April 26th, 2016 17:00

right from dell you can re download it . Ive uninstalled like 10 x to fix various problems . Its right on the drivers page 

1 Message

March 13th, 2017 23:00

I tried this but when I ran the Audio driver it says that the wizard was interrupted do you know why?

No Events found!