Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 16th, 2017 18:00

Aurora R3 Drive Bay Cover/Door Replacement

I have been searching all day and cant find an answer anywhere... I need the door/cover or whatever that covers the optical drives on the Aurora R3. I bought a decent pc today for 150 used and its missing the drive bay cover piece... anyhow the closest thing i can find is 224R1 ODD Bay Cover, which some are advertised for r3, but judging by the picture will obviously not fit....im guessing it is for something different... or maybe somehow Im wrong and it will actually work... I really just dont know, I never thought it would be so hard to find an answer to such a simple question. Anyhow yall think the pc was worth 150? I realize its older hardware but I still think its worth the price...

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 17th, 2017 23:00

The sliding door from any Aurora R1, R2, R3, or R4 should work.

Surprising you lost the door though because it's built-into the front of the case.

6 Posts

June 19th, 2017 05:00

I wish it hasn't been lost. The previous owner lost it. The only thing I have found anywhere on the internet is this... Which also matchess the only part number I can find for it also but Im 99% sure it's not right.... Infact I can't even decide which aurora this came on... But there are about 1000 of them between Amazon, ebay and other various retailers...

Original OEM Dell Alienware Aurora R3 Odd Bay Cover 224R1 | eBay 

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 19th, 2017 18:00

Right. That's a thin plastic cover that lives INSIDE the machine. It does basically nothing but look pretty. 

No Events found!