Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 7th, 2017 21:00

Clean a keyboard

So I spilled milk on my keyboard, and I was wondering since I have an Alienware 15 am I able to remove keys off my keyboard without breaking them to clean it? If not are there any efficient and effective cleaning methods?

April 8th, 2017 03:00

i found a bunch of tutorials on youtube. maybe you can find a fitting one there. give it a shot.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

April 8th, 2017 10:00

All milk must be removed from computer. This might require getting a new keyboard to save the computer.

Do not tilt or flip laptop. If milk gets under keyboard onto motherboard, it is much harder to clean out.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

April 11th, 2017 11:00

Hi, 

We can look into the available repair options. For this info, please send me a PM with your Service Tag and I will get back to you. To send a PM, hover your mouse to my username and select the "Message" option. 

April 29th, 2017 14:00

I used rubbing alcohol and q-tips... don't soak the q-tip and keep the laptop keyboard upside down or on its side at least. you don't need to soak the keyboard but rub the damp q-tip along the edge of the keys... spilt soda on my keyboard and the above method was told to me by geek squad and worked great.

No Events found!