Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

November 21st, 2017 15:00

Hi, I've just bought Alienware R4 17 so I pressed Computrace ON is that something bad? Or if not what should I do?

Hi, I've just bought Alienware R4 17 so I enabled Computrace on BIOS and now I have no idea why I can't deactivate it again. I'm afraid that's something bad so if not could you please tell me what's that about on Alienware... I read too many comments of people on the internet some saying it's good some bad... So, I really need your ideas. Best, Ardian

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

November 22nd, 2017 10:00

Hi ArdiOrion‌,

This is a one time change setting, it allows the system to be traced. It works with LoJack software, so you'll need to buy the software for it to work. 

LoJack (originally known as CompuTrace) is a proprietary laptop theft recovery software (laptop tracking software) with features including the abilities to remotely lock, delete files from, and locate the stolen laptop on a map.

So if you have the setting on, it will not cause any issues, don't worry. 

16 Posts

November 22nd, 2017 11:00

First of all, I really thank you for the fastest support and reply ‌ .I read some of the different comments through the internet that if you activate it on BIOS (even without installing the LoJack software) then the CPU gets hotter. I want to know if this is true?

The second thing I want to know, about the average temperature of  the CPU... since the windows starts up the average is 45 C to 55 C... 

My Alienware R4 performances are these:

i7 - 6820 HK

Nvidia GFX 1070- 8GB

HARD DISC: 250 SSD HDD + 1TB 

17 inch screen IPS...

16GB Ram memory.

Are these temperatures normal on a windows start (45C - 55C) and what grade C should I be aware of?!

You are the best guys!

16 Posts

November 22nd, 2017 12:00

Thanks a lot! You really helped me. (y) 

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

November 22nd, 2017 12:00

Those temps are normal and no, it will not affect the CPU temp since the software is not even installed. 

No Events found!