Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 5th, 2012 09:00

Will Dell-Alienware Provide a OEM Alienware Branded Windows 8 Upgrade?

This is  just a thought more than a question. I for one would love to see a Alienware Branded Windows 8 much like but exceeding the Alienware Branded Windows 7 we all are using now.

I think Alienware could come up with something awesome looking for Windows 8 and its Metro UI that sets it apart from  the Standard Windows 8 UI.

So do you think Alienware is cooking something to thrill us with or are we just left with standard upgrade? :)

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 5th, 2012 10:00

I have not seen any emails come through concerning Windows 8. If I hear anything, I will let you know.

10 Posts

September 9th, 2012 07:00

I am wondering if there will be a Bios update for the windows 8 upgrades?  I have the Aurora R3 with although works very well with Windows 8 pro RTM 64bit it does not restart it gets stuck on the pre load screen but if you shut down instead and start up it is fin only on restarts.  I think this is related to the Windows 7 ultimate issue I had on this computer where it would go into power sleep and freeze and no way to wake it up.  Alienware / Dells only solution was to "disable the power sleep option,  what do you need that for?"  That's what we pay for they support for, those kind of answers.  To this day that issue has never been addressed!  

10 Posts

October 26th, 2012 20:00

Now that windows is out publically will Dell/Alienware address the Windows issue for Aurora R3 as they have done for Aurora R4 or are we just screwed even though bought less then a year ago?

No Events found!