Highlighted
charjl
Copper

Alienware 15 r2 is extremely sluggish

The computer is a few years old. I've always felt that it was a little slow, but it seems to have gotten worse. I doubt it's a virus or malware. It's especially noticeable with youtube. The site is extremely unreliable on this computer. Usually, videos will go through a process of loading, then not responding. Then loading, again. There are occasions where I'll type something on the page, but no text appears for a few seconds. Then it's slowly, letter by letter. 

It's not just youtube, though. Other sites and programs are sluggish on this computer too. Also, I've been using a different computer recently. A 10 year old Dell laptop that seems to preform better than my "high performance", newer Alienware. Not good. 

I read something about bios being the issue. I did a scan for updates, but the results came back that my system is up to date. Could the bios be faulty or corrupted? If so, how do I check for that?

I also read something that gave me the impression that it might be the AC adapter. The one I have now is a cheap one that I bought online. It doesn't even say the wattage on it, and it has problems recharging the computer. I always get the message "plugged in, not charging". I've had this cheap AC for over probably 2 years, and bought it because the original adapter was having the same problem. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
charjl
Copper

Re: Alienware 15 r2 is extremely sluggish

I kept it pretty cool in my post, but I need to say that this problem is unacceptable. It really is. My patience is wearing pretty thin.

0 Kudos

Hi @charjl,

Send me a PM with your service tag so I can check your system specs. Not having the proper AC Adapter can cause these and more types of issues. 

In the mean time, make sure the BIOS version is up to date. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
charjl
Copper

Ok. How do I send you a pm?

0 Kudos

Go to the Messages icon at the top right corner and create a new message. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos