amoonfaber
Copper

Alienware 15 r3 integrated vs discrete GPU

How do i configure my laptop to run on integrated GPU(hd 630) by default and use discrete GPU (geforce 1060) only when it's required for some intense loading, games, etc...

It's really frustrating as my laptop currently runs on discrete gpu(geforce 1060) ALWAYS, even if its just a clear desktop.

Latest update for windows 19 didn't do anything about it, so I wonder if it's even related to windows...

Please help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Alienware 15 r3 integrated vs discrete GPU

Hi @amoonfaber,

Check this.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
amoonfaber
Copper

Yes, I've been checking such articles for a while now, problem is - I don't have option 'Preferred graphic processor' in my NVIDIA panel, even after i reinstalled my windows and my GPU drivers...

0 Kudos

The latest version (1803) of Windows has a new setting in graphics properties, that allows you to set a specific GPU for specific software.

It is much better and easier to use than nVidia's somewhat frustrating implementation, which uses a database and pre-empts some user choices.

If Windows is unable to set your GPU, or doesn't see the nVidia GPU, you've got a problem.

0 Kudos
amoonfaber
Copper

Could you please share a guide on that?

For now it's really frustrating for me to use windows 10 as when I tried to ask microsoft on their website what to do, they told me to check my drivers...

0 Kudos