Highlighted
Damian45
Bronze

Alienware 17 R4 (2017) Not Impressed

Got my Alienware late last year. 1060 graphics, 16Gb of RAM. Honestly after wanting an Alienware for so long I'm kinda disappointed in it's performance. Just moving folders and icons around on the desktop takes time. I keep my desktop fairly clean. All icons are in folders (Apps, Games..etc). When I click a folder to move it, it can take two or three seconds for the click to register. I'm guessing a full reload of the OS and software is what I need to do, but I live out in the country where I only have access to 3Mb DSL so reloading all my STEAM games will take weeks. Does anybody know of any factory-loaded software that may be causing these odd slow-downs?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Alienware 17 R4 (2017) Not Impressed

Hi @Damian45,

Try running an ePSA/Diagnostic test on the system, click here to view a Dell article that explains how to run this test. Let me know if you receive any errors. 

Also, what BIOS version do you have?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
DVHost
Copper

Re: Alienware 17 R4 (2017) Not Impressed

Something is definitely amiss. I have the 17 R4 WinX got it 01/18 and quite honestly its the fastest laptop I've ever owned. It certainly does not display the issues you're indicating. Tests are definitely in order.

0 Kudos