jujitsu1
Bronze

Cant Manually Download Drivers?

I have an Alienware 17 R4. I wanted to look to see if I could manually download my Killer 1535 drivers from the dell support site. It will only let me run Support Assist and have it check for new/needed drivers. I used to manually be able to look at all drivers based on OS. When did this change. How can I get to look at all drivers based on OS insteat of trusting Support Assist which I don't.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mary G
Diamond

Re: Cant Manually Download Drivers?

Use your service tag at the main support page to see if that works. It worked for me. You are right about this big change.

0 Kudos
denzbs
Silver

supportasisst told me there is an update and i said go ahead then and it deleted itself Smiley Surprised now i dont have a supportassist in my alienware

0 Kudos

Hi @jujitsu1,

Here!

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos

Hi @denzbs,

If you do not have Support Assist installed in your computer, click here for the download link.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
DavidPG
Bronze

juijitsu1 noted in his post that he doesn't trust Support Assistant.  I have to say that I'm somewhat in agreement with him.  When you see a dialog like this during a Bios Upgrade that's being orchestrated by Support Assistant, it does not inspire a huge amount of trust. 

Bios_Upgrade.jpg

0 Kudos