Dymus55
Bronze

Dell Alienware 15R2/17R3 BIOS 1.4.4 fail

Hello Yesterday I made a bios upgrade after which my computer does not want to turn off. I shut down the system but hangs on the black screen and the keyboard lights up, I have to turn it off manually and he start after a very long time I do  format but it did not work. Anyone have any idea what to do?

I do downgrade to 1.3.12 using boot but still he doesn't turn off

0 Kudos
27 Replies
ThomasAAT
Bronze

Re: Dell Alienware 15R2/17R3 BIOS 1.4.4 fail

There is no official fix for this issue from Dell/Alienware other than wait for a update. This can take some time...

If you want to try to fix it your self, you can try to manually updating Intel ME Firmware. 

0 Kudos
Dymus55
Bronze

NotebookReview - Error
The requested page could not be found.
0 Kudos
ilicitano
Bronze

0 Kudos
ThomasAAT
Bronze

Some reports that this have fixed the shutdown issue for them. But it varies a lot.

I am on 1.4.4 and do not have issues. In fact it seems that my AW17R3 is more responsive and a bit faster in some cases... I ensured that I had all the drivers updated and the newest WU 10 updates before I flash the new bios. 

I do think this have something to do with my lack of issues that is reported.  

0 Kudos
Dymus55
Bronze

It seems to me that there is a problem with the bios is considering removing the battery from the bios for 30 minutes what do you think ?

0 Kudos

Hi,

For everyone having this issue, please send me a PM with the Service Tag so I can look into it. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Muayad582
Copper

@Alienware-Eimy I am having many problems with Bios update 1.4.4 . such as

- it takes from 2 to 3 minutes to boot my laptop . it used to be less than 10 seconds.

- the laptop freezes suddenly many times. when it do, I can hear the left cooling fan then the right side work in high speed.

- unable to completely shut down my machine. I need to long press the power button .

System info:

Laptop : Alienware 15 R2 

Service tag : <Service tag removed>

Dymus55
Bronze

@Muayad582

I have the same problem Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos

Send me a Private message with the Service Tag so I can assist you further. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos