TJModd
Copper

Windows Media Player Error

I have a Alienware 17R, my issues started after a bios update (now 14.4) - when i get to my folder that has videos, music etc, after clicking that folder, WMP will automatically play the files within. When attempting to close WMP, an error log would appear, after trying to close that one, several other error logs rapidly will appear behind it. This is frustrating and I'm beginning to regret updating my bios like everybody else here on this forum. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Windows Media Player Error

Hello

If the issue only occurs when attempting to use the Windows Media player, you can try reinstalling it. You can follow the steps provided on the link below. Let me know how it goes.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pictures/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-....

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
TJModd
Copper

I have done what you've instructed and tested it, I received the same error whilst opening a WMP file.

0 Kudos

Ok, can you give us more information on the error message that you receive?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Rodrigo
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos