Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 22nd, 2018 03:00

alienfx after windows update 1803

Hi there, 

So i just spent the last 1-2 hours so i can install the windows update 1803 with a bunch of steps required. 

Now after the update, my alienfx is just not working.

i reinstalled the dell updater, dell digital delivery, GPU drivers and did a clean install of the command center. 

the instructions were from 

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln303405/how-to-remove-and-reinstall-the-alienware-command-center?lang=en

I did the alienfx tester and it is saying no board. 

everything was working perfectly before the update, now the side lights and back lights are the color of the last settings. 

The keyboard, trackpad and alienware front logo lights are not working. which is really not a good thing when you have a bunch of work to do at night.

my model : alienware 15 r3

i'm also getting this : 

"

There was an error while AlienFX Controller was communicating with the computer. This might have been caused due to a problem with the hardware or the software.Try these solutions to correct the issue, in the following order:

- Try to enable AlienFX Controller again. Right-click on the AlienFX icon in the Windows notification area and select 'Enable Alienware AlienFX'.
- Shut down your computer and power it back on.

If neither of these solutions works, please contact Alienware technical support.
This error may also be caused if Alienware AlienFX software is installed on a computer without the proper hardware support for Alienware AlienFX.

"

also when i click the alienfx shortcut on the keyboard, a notification comes up saying it has been disabled.

however, the side and back lights still stay on 

any feedback is appreciated :) 

May 22nd, 2018 04:00

problem solved, just shutdown (not restart) your lap

14 Posts

August 25th, 2018 15:00

does not work=NOT a SOLUTION

83 Posts

August 26th, 2018 07:00

The current AWCC is really buggy. Some of us have been having all sorts of problems with it. Try downloading an older revision and install it after completely removing the new version. 5.1.27.0 or 5.1.24.0

Dont be tempted out of desperation to try a risky update of your bios to fix it. I am on my first alienware machine and i must say its the most temperamental machine i have ever had when it comes to updates.

No Events found!