adoemy
Copper

alienware 15 r2 auto off after using battery

curently i'm using dell alienware r2 for 2years, and the internal battery already depleted and cen not use. so i replaced with the new internal battery. the battery is charging and it can use but for only a few minutes. the laptop is auto off. the laptop is ok while plugged in. i already reformat and update driver bios. it is ok for 2 weeks. then it's happen again today. need help, what should i do next to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: alienware 15 r2 auto off after using battery

Hi @adoemy,

Where did you buy the battery? Is it an original DELL battery, with the correct wattage?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
adoemy
Copper

i get it from my supplier. they said it the original battery. the wattage is same as old battery 92Wh. if run in bios the battery can last long. a few minutes after login windows it will auto off. already do the diagnostic but all passed. in bios also said the battery is performing normally.

0 Kudos

Change power settings to high performance on both, battery and adapter. Update the BIOS. If issue persists, contact supplier. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos