Highlighted
Sthita
1 Copper

13 R3, NVMe upgrade?

Hey Everyone!

I have an AW13 R3 for quite a bit. All this while I was using google stream to play games but now since it stopped I have to install a physical copy of game. 

I have 256GB nvme, I want to keep it as boot and add another Nvme in the other slot, preferabbly and 1tb adata sx8200. 

Will I face compatibility issues or any hurdles?

Thanks for help, appreciate it  guys. 

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: 13 R3, NVMe upgrade?

Hi @Sthita,

You should not have any issues. Unfortunately, since it is a 3rd party device, we cannot confirm full functionality. However, there should be no issues with devices such as the one you're mentioning.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Sthita
1 Copper

@Alienware-Eimy wrote:

Hi @Sthita,

You should not have any issues. Unfortunately, since it is a 3rd party device, we cannot confirm full functionality. However, there should be no issues with devices such as the one you're mentioning.

Thanks for the help. 

Also, are usually SSD plug and play or their would be need to change fee things in bios etc. 

0 Kudos

@Sthita,

No need for changes in the BIOS.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos