Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 1st, 2020 20:00

14 R1, urgently looking for new AC Adapter

Recently the AC adaptor for my Alienware 14 has broken and I can't use my laptop unless it's at a certain angle (the internal battery doesn't retain any charge either). I also keep getting battery warnings upon booting about needing to connect an 150W Dell charger. I've been looking endlessly for a charger matching mine and found absolutely nothing. Every "150W Dell charger" comes from a fake store with bootleg chargers from China and it's impossible to find anything else. I don't want to purchase a charger that can potentially be hazardous to my laptop and cause an even bigger problem. Are there any available stores that sell an Alienware 14 adaptor and ship to the U.K.?  I've almost given up searching and I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

5 Practitioner

• 

1.5K Posts

September 1st, 2020 20:00

If you have to have a Dell OEM adapter then try The Parts People. They are in the US but ship all over the world. I am in Australia and I've ordered from them before. They are more expensive than eBay but at least you know you're getting the real thing

https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=15862

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

September 4th, 2020 14:00

I agree.

4 Posts

September 4th, 2020 17:00

Thanks a lot! I went by your suggestion and you were right. I'll have to be a lot more careful about this new charger going forward. I appreciate the help.

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

September 4th, 2020 20:00

The next time you buy any dell charger make sure it looks like these:

330watt330watt180watt180watt41-dmxaaDTL._SY300_

No Events found!