Highlighted
Pure2598
1 Copper

15 R1/R2, AGA supported?

Does the new AGA (Alienware Graphics Amplifier) work with the 15 R1/R2 2015 laptop? It is specified that it works with 15 R3 models but does it also work with the 2015 models?

0 Kudos
10 Replies

Re: 15 R1/R2, AGA supported?

Hi @Pure2598!

The AGA (Alienware Graphic Amplifier) supports the Alienware 15 R1/R2/R3/R4. So you shouldn't have any problem. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Tammy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Abdullahyamin
1 Copper

Can you please tell me if the Alienware graphic amplifier works with 15 R4 as it does not mention R4 .

0 Kudos

Hi,

i have an 15 r4 with AMP, but actually the amplifier don't work with 15 r4.

I'm waiting the new AMP driver to try to solve this problem

0 Kudos
Abdullahyamin
1 Copper

I spoke to Alienware Technical support, and they confirmed that it should work with R4.

0 Kudos

i have a 15 R4 from 5 days,

with my old 13 R3 my AMP work perfectly, but now, with 15 R4 Windows recognize only USB peripherials, but my GTX 1080 and the monitor attached to him are not recognize correctly.

See thi picture:AMP.JPG

0 Kudos

Hi all,

yesterday i tried to work with the nvidia drivers. After much tries, AMP work with my 15 R4.

It present some problem with my GTX 1060 integrated in the notebook and double screen detected by windows, But i works.

i Think that the problem in the G-sync integrated in the notebook monitor and not present in my external monitor.

Sorry for my English

0 Kudos
tom_mai78101
1 Nickel

Wait what??  Alienware 15 R4 does not currently support Alienware Graphics Amplifier? I bought the 15 R4 laptop during Black Friday sale, in hopes that I can use AGA at some point in the near future. Now, I'm disappointed.

0 Kudos
tom_mai78101
1 Nickel

So, it seems like you CAN use the Alienware Graphics Amplifier for Alienware 15 R4 with Nvidia GeForce RTX 20x0 series cards.

Ignoring the fact the (outdated) Alienware Graphics Amplifier drivers are available from Dell and those drivers are unsupported for Alienware 15 R4, I was told the (latest) Alienware Graphics Amplifier comes bundled with Nvidia GeForce Experience. 

New owners of Alienware 15 R4 laptops must download and install the latest Nvidia GeForce Experience package, in order to use the (latest) Alienware Graphics Amplifier, according to the internet, so don't directly quote me unless some approved Dell employee can verify this for me.

Also, there seems to be 2 different Alienware Graphics Amplifier models, model no. 8W39R, and model no. 9R7XN. The first model comes directly from Dell.com, and the second model comes from either Amazon.com or Best Buy. This is something I don't understand exactly why there are 2 models of the same thing..., unless one of them supports some hardware configurations associated with the RTX cards? Who knows?

That's all I wanted to say.

0 Kudos

hi,

i'm actually using AMP with 15 R4.

It works correctly if i disable Gsync before powered on my notebook with AMP, and, when Windows is ready, i manually disable the integrated GTX1060.

in this way the AMP works correctly..

desktop.jpg

0 Kudos