Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

3 Posts

June 17th, 2020 06:00

15 R2, AW988 headset, not connecting through wireless receiver

Hi, I own a Alienware 15 R2 and the AW988 Wireless headset. I've tried for a long time to get this headset to connect to my laptop, (or to any laptop) but it won't. I tried contacting Dell and even through the community and nothing was moved forward. I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem or if someone could direct me to where I can get it fixed. My 15 R2 is out of warranty, but my headset is still in warranty as not 2 years have past since I purchased it. 

I noted down what I tried and what the problem is:

Problem: Headset does not connect to the wireless receiver. The headset turns on and the wireless dongle is still blinking. This happens most of the time, but sometimes randomly it connects. 

Things tried:
Tried plugging it in then turning on headset
Tried turning headset then plugging it in
Tried opening Alienware command centre then the above two
Tried with and without driver (headset)
Tried reinstalling headset driver
Tried reinstalling Alienware command centre
Tried reinstalling windows (clean wipe)
Tried recharging headset
Tried with no other USB plugged (like mouse)
Tried looking in sound settings (playback)
Tried on another laptop
Alienware headset center is not installed - Note I used the headset center when it was the default application for the headset
Could not download Alienware sound center or Alienware control center in Microsoft store as it does not exsist

Possible issue:
Headset is no longer sync’d with the wireless receiver. (It is supposed to be pre sync’d before sent)
USB receiver is being identified as Averna V6301 (something like that). Not sure if this is a problem.

• 

25.1K Posts

June 18th, 2020 00:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

July 1st, 2020 19:00

I am having the same issue.

1 Message

August 25th, 2020 19:00

Same issue here. Was working fine for months, has randomly started not working. Exactly the same as you described.

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

August 27th, 2020 07:00

Have you turned off all other Bluetooth devices in your house and then tried pairing it with the headset and the receiver?

1 Message

September 8th, 2020 22:00

Having the same issue exactly as described.

please email me if you find a solution

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

September 9th, 2020 09:00

like i said before,

if you could check if the wireless receiver is bad then its just that and you don't need to sell the headset if that fixes it.

1 Message

October 19th, 2020 04:00

Has anyone got a fix yet??

mine has the same problem just flashes blue on the dongle seems like no connection whatsoever so annoying!

5 Practitioner

• 

3K Posts

October 19th, 2020 07:00

What I'm thinking is to test if the AW988 Headset connects with a different wireless receiver so that we can verify its the wireless receiver and not the headphones themselves.

1 Message

October 30th, 2020 03:00

I have the same issue:

Bought straight out the box.

The headset works with the Aux cable.

However the wireless method says the "message connected", but no other sound, while the PC & Mac both continue to push the sound through the speakers.

So it's as if the computers don't know to redirect the sound to the headset.

Majorly disappointed to spend so much on what are currently just a wired headset.

All help appreciated.

2 Posts

November 2nd, 2020 03:00

I have the same issue, tryed to connect using receiver from other AW988 headset and this is not work.

1 Message

November 6th, 2020 22:00

I'm also having the same problem. How can I get this fixed?

2 Posts

December 28th, 2020 19:00

same issue with 2 of these I bought for my son and I on our Alienware m15R2s. Both won't connect after 2 months of working fine. DELL, FIX THIS

2 Posts

January 17th, 2021 04:00

have you found the fix to this issue yet?

2 Posts

January 17th, 2021 04:00

same @Coyopa 

2 Posts

March 7th, 2021 04:00

I gave up. Lost both dongles too. Waste of money 

No Events found!