Highlighted
purple397
3 Silver

Re: Migrating to m.2 NVMe

I have a Samsung SSD on a tower.   I would install Linux, and it would not allow me to use a large 40 4K TV as a monitor.   It would work with Windows Pro, which was because the SSD has its own wrinkles.  

I suspect your problem is less the way you did the install the SSD.   If you can get into BIOS/EFI then you might find some way to change the delay of the boot, and it would work.   I know that when I had several spinning hard drives, the Timing at boot changed and the thing began to behave.   And no it does not make any sense.   You might add an external hard drive, which might slow the boot sequence down so it begins to work long enough to poke around and make changes.  Might try to boot Linux from a Flash Drive to see if everything else looks all right. 

0 Kudos
Sandman756
1 Copper

Re: Migrating to m.2 NVMe

Hi!

I solved this problem by migrating OS (WIn 7 Prof 64bit) from old SSD (MBR) to new NVMe SSD using MiniTool Partition Wizard (version Home or higher, also you can use another software with same function) with option "Use GUID Partition Table for the target disk". At the end you'll have bootable GPT disk with all of you data. Then it's necessary to change boot option in BIOS from Legacy mode to UEFI mode. Thats all.

0 Kudos