Highlighted
Veigr
1 Copper

15 R2, screen backlight not working

My issue is that the back light of my R2 screen is not working.  Some times it will work, then turn off, then turn on again, it can be intermittent.   Right now it's off and won't come back on. My power settings are set so that they should not affect the monitor but maybe they are bugged?  The screen works fine otherwise, and my brightness slider is all the way full, but adjusting it does nothing.  It's fine if i'm in a dark room, but if there is any daylight around the screen is extremely dim. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: 15 R2, screen backlight not working

Hi @Veigr

What troubleshooting steps have you tired so far?

Try updating the video drivers.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
U2CAMEB4ME
3 Zinc

Welcome to the Dell Community  @Veigr 

Try doing a "Flex" test???

While the laptop is booted and the screen is on, but in your case it can be off..

Grab the display at the upper left and right corners.

Then push one side forward and the other side backwards about 1/2" to 1"

Repeat back and forth. "Flex Test"

Post any results you see???

Best regards,

U2

Microsoft Registered Refurbisher
Microsoft Registered Partner
Windows Operating System lifecycle fact sheet
Lifecycle begins when released and ends when no longer supported
0 Kudos
Veigr
1 Copper

Currently the back light is working.  The flex test did not affect the light.

The back light has turned off randomly for 5-10 seconds during a game and a show I was watching, but currently it works.

It started working again after I turned it on yesterday.  It had been off for 12 hours.  Not sure if that affects it.

0 Kudos