Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

2 Posts

August 23rd, 2018 03:00

15 R3, AlienFX

Hi,

I have reinstalled Windows 10 recently, and now I don't have AlienFX software to turn off the touchpad lighting.

I tried downloading Alienware Command center, which included AlienFX Controller and AlienFX Editor, but it is not the same software that was pre-installed on my laptop and it's not working properly.

So where can I download the latest AlienFX software for my laptop?

Thanks.

7 Technologist

• 

4.4K Posts

August 23rd, 2018 16:00

Hi, 

You should be using this version for the Command Center. Some features were modified/removed on the new version. 

August 23rd, 2018 20:00

Thanks!

4 Posts

August 18th, 2020 16:00

I have the same issue but this link is a dead end for me. I have a reset Alienware 15 R3 and my service tag doesn't exist (?) so i can't download anything. Is there a way to fix this?

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

August 18th, 2020 17:00

Hi @NosferatuMan  the Alienware 15 R3 Drivers & Download support page is Here. Click on [Detect Drivers] to get this support page customised for your Service Tag and then save it as a shortcut for future reference. Installing SupportAssist should allow you to automatically get your updates installed, but sticking with the AWCC that works is recommended. 

Did Alienware - Rodrigo post get your 15 R3 AlienFX working? If yes, please declare this as your solution. If no, did you install the original AWCC from the driver DVD that came with your original purchase. If other, please tell the Dell Community what solution you used. Thank you. 

4 Posts

August 18th, 2020 18:00

Thanks, but no dice. When I enter my service tag it says there is no match for the service tag entered.

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

Hi @nicholta does installing SupportAssist get your Service Tag?

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

Hi @nicholta  your Service Tag should be on the underside of your Alienware 15 R3. Save your Service Tag in a text file. Go to the Alienware 15 R3 Drivers & Download support page Here. Go to Show downloads by Service Tag for factory-installed components and click to get a new window asking to Enter a Service Tag. Paste your Service Tag into this window and click on Submit. Hopefully the support page will now be customised for your Service Tag and you can save this as a shortcut for future reference. 

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

August 18th, 2020 21:00

Hi @nicholta having reset your Alienware 15 R3, did you check that your Dell Service Tag is listed in your Dell BIOS? To check, Restart and hold down the F2 key, the BIOS will open on the MAIN tab. Look at the Service Tag entry to confirm that your Service Tag is listed. If it is not your Service Tag, update this entry. Your BIOS Product Name should be Alienware 15 R3. 

4 Posts

August 18th, 2020 21:00

Both SupportAssist and the BIOS show the correct service tag. To me it seems the issue is that Dell can't find it for some reason.  I think i'm the third owner of this laptop so any order number is long gone. I was able to get the AlienFX program downloaded and installed, however. So at least that is working now.

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

August 18th, 2020 23:00

Hi @nicholta  thank you for the update that the AlienFX application has been installed and that SupportAssist is working. However, clicking on [Detect Drivers] runs SupportAssist, so this is odd. 

As maybe the third owner of your 15 R3, the system board (motherboard) may have been replaced and this Service Tag will be different to the legacy Service Tag shown in the BIOS and SupportAssist. Dell Customers are prevented from updating the system board. Dell Tech Support can check both the Service Tag and the Express numbers stored on your system board to confirm that it is a valid Dell part. An invalid system board's Service Tag will void your warranty and its expiration date.

Guess that as the third owner, there is no Dell warranty to void. It is annoying that the Dell support page fails to recognise your system board's Service Tag. 

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

August 19th, 2020 01:00

Hi @nicholta  please check your system board's Service Tag by installing Belarc Advisor from Here to create your computer profile summary. The Dell Service Tag is also the system board's Serial Number. Look at Belarc Advisor's listing of System Model and Main Circuit Board. If your Service Tag listing is identical, your 15 R3 Service Tag installation has been validated. 

4 Posts

August 19th, 2020 18:00

Hello,

I just installed Belarc Advisor and the information is as follows:Belarc report.PNG

All looks good, right? I just don't understand why Dell can't seem to find it.

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

August 19th, 2020 19:00

Hi @nicholta  thank you for sharing your computer profile. This says your BIOS Service Tag information is identical to your system board's Service Tag. This is good. 

Dell SupportAssist acknowledges your Service Tag and thereby so should the Dell support page. This inconsistency is very strange. Maybe @DELL-Cares can offer an explanation? 

The good news is that you report that Dell SupportAssist is fully functional and it is now possible to install update applications. 

No Events found!