Highlighted
Namo800
1 Nickel

15 R3, GTX 1060 FPS drops

Hi 

I have this laptop for more then 1 year , I'm having fps drops in some games like Pubg , Rust  and now new game called APEX Legends , I have like 70 fps usually with medium settings but fps drops to 20 30 every minute and its so annoying . I ran a stress test on the graphic card and the max Gpu temperature was 75C , memory usage %49 and Gpu Usage %93 . I gave my pc for cleaning fans and stuff 3 weeks ago so I dont think heating is the problem .  

This is my service tag : <ADMIN NOTE: Private data removed as per the Terms of Use>

I would really apreciate some suggestions for how to fix these fps drops . 

Thanks 

Nazmi

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: 15 R3, GTX 1060 FPS drops

Hi @Namo800,

Make sure the BIOS and the video drivers are up to date.

Also, try running a CPU stress test using the Support Assist tool to check how high the CPU temperature goes. If you do not have Support Assist installed in your computer, click here for the download link. Follow the steps below to run the stress test. 

• Download and install Dell Support Assist
  • Open Dell Support Assist
  • Click Checkup
  • Click Scan a Specific Device
  • Click System Devices
  • Select the CPU Stress Test and Run it. This Test will load the CPU and Ram to 100% and test it. It will make enough heat to determine if the processor is overheating or not.

Let us know how it goes. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Namo800
1 Nickel

Hi ,

I already wrote the results of my stress test . I red other similar topics before posting and I did what has been asked there . I also fresh started windows , its much better now but I still get some fps drops .  

Is it possible to upgrade my ram and cpu of my laptop ? 

And also If I buy a graphics amplifier and use a high end card with that . Is it going to work how it should be ? 

0 Kudos
Namo800
1 Nickel

I want to add that I tested the laptop whole day today when gaming and my cpu temp is 90C - 100C when im gaming and my gpu temp is 65 -75C . What can  I do to lower my CPU Temperature ? I ordered an graphics amplifier with a much better card . When im using that is it going to lower my cpu temperature cause my graphics card inside the laptop wont fuction ? 

0 Kudos

@Namo800,

Yes, the temp should drop with the Amplifier. Although the GPU temperatures that the system is showing now, are quite normal.

Regarding the CPU, you can also try undervolting the CPU or repasting the machine with Diamond Grade thermal paste.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos