Start a Conversation

Unsolved

FH

6 Posts

September 12th, 2019 22:00

15 R3, Intel Chipset driver update issue

My Alienware laptop keeps showing me an update for the intel chipset driver. Each time I download the driver and install it, nothing happens and it shows the update again in divers and support page. I still have a boot issue, the screen freezes on Alienware logo after powering on the laptop and I have to force shutdown and turn on the laptop again to overcome the problem. My warranty is expired. I think this all happened after the Windows 10 update to 1903 version. 

September 14th, 2019 03:00

Check Bios updates: I have the 15 R3, and the latest windows. No issues on boot for me. Can be a few issues. Drive that's dying, bios needing updated.

Check Bios first, then look for drive health. If Intel SSD, google Intel SSD Toolbox. it has its own tools.

Download Speccy and check mechanical drive health.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

September 14th, 2019 05:00

Welcome to the Dell Community  @f.hindi777 

First create two new Desktop folders and name them BIOS UPDATE and Chipset Update

Go directly to your BIOS support page and download from there.

Alienware 15 R3 and Alienware 17 R4 System BIOS:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=r93yg&oscode=wt64a&productcode=alienware-15-laptop

Click on "Show in Folder"

Copy the file and paste it into the folder you just created "BIOS UPDATE" 

Then right click on the file and "Run as Administrator"

After reboot go directly to your Chipset support page and download from there.

Intel Chipset Device Software Driver:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=9nntr&oscode=wt64a&productcode=alienware-15-laptop

Click on "Show in Folder"

Copy the file and paste it into the folder you just created "Chipset Update" 

Then right click on the file and "Run as Administrator"

What is the model of your SSD/HDD???

Best regards,

U2

EDITED:

September 21st, 2019 11:00

Thank you! Unfortunately, this method didn't work as well,

SSD model: PC300 NVMe SK hynix 512GB

31 Posts

September 26th, 2019 08:00

Same here. What gives on this? Please help.

8 Posts

September 26th, 2019 12:00

I have the same issue too. but I'm ignoring it since the notes from the driver details page would seem to indicate that this particular update is useless for my processor (I think it says it adds support for the i9's... which I dont' have)

1 Message

November 13th, 2019 15:00

i have the same problem, i have to turn on my laptop twice so it can acces windows 10.

The first time i turn on my laptop it goes directly to check if there is a problem with my hardware, so i have to turn it off again, i don't know if it's an issue with the drivers, but i think it's the intel chipset device software, if you found out how to fix the problem, can you send me a message please

No Events found!