Highlighted
Noobieee
1 Copper

15 R3, crackling speakers

Help me fix this problem

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
0 Kudos
10 Replies

Re: Crackling speakers

Hi @Noobieee,

What's the system model and revision?

Also, it doesn't sound to me like the sound is coming from the speakers, can you mute the system and see if the sound will still be there?

Let me know!

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Noobieee
1 Copper

I did mute it and the sound is gone but when i turn it back on its back again
my laptop is Alienware 15 r3

0 Kudos
HimDha
1 Copper

OMG! I am facing the same issue!! 

This weird crackling/sputtering noise is coming from the left speaker (or left side of laptop) and only when I try to play a sound. It is definitely coming from the speakers because I have tried playing youtube videos on system mute and I can still hear the noise.

My laptop is: Alienware 17" R4 (purchased feb '18)

Please help.

Edit: I have updated the audio drivers and for now there is no noise coming out of speakers.

Try this link: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/alienware-15/drivers

0 Kudos
Noobieee
1 Copper

i did try it but it did not work for me

0 Kudos

Try this and let me know!

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
olayenca
1 Copper

I have the same issue, which started about 5 months ago with the left speaker.

I always muted it and used my bluetooth speakers and I have updated all my drivers and I can't seem to find any fix for this issue. 

Were you able to solve it? Please share

0 Kudos
olayenca
1 Copper

Not able to access that link.

Please provide an updated one.

0 Kudos
rogr_
1 Copper

I'm also experiencing that issue. Its only the  left speaker that does crackling. Also the are where the speaker seems to be located becomes noticeably hot. Basically just a small area below the FN key of the keyboard. Only uninstalling the Realtek Audio driver and just using the standard Windows Driver seems to prevent the speaker from crackling. 

The crackling is even noticeable when there is no sound that is being played. 

Latest Driver and latest BIOS version. 

0 Kudos

Hi @rogr_

Send me a private message (by clicking my Alienware-name) with the Alienware PC service tag number so I can review your case.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos