Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

3 Posts

March 25th, 2019 19:00

15 R4, BIOS fails to install

Hi,

I've been trying to update the latest system BIOS for my Alienware 15 R4, but no success.

The methods I've tried using are:

1. SupportAssist App - Get Drivers & Downloads - Available updates "Alienware 15 R4 Alienware 17 R5 System BIOS"- Status "Failed".

2. Dell.com - Support - Drivers & downloads (https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=CCT1R)

Using Dell.com/support I was able download (Alienware_15_R4_17_R5_1.6.5.EXE) to my desktop, as this tries to start "AFUDELL appication" asks permission to make changes, then it creates file (amifldrv64.sys) near .EXE file.

But nothing happens!

AFUDELL applicationAFUDELL application                     amifldrv64.sysamifldrv64.sys

I checked other threads to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue.

Any advice.

Thanks.

14 Posts

March 26th, 2019 06:00

I just now did this update through SupportAssist and it ran successfully on my 15 R4. It does explicitly warn you that you should close all other programs, so there's a possibility that the failure you experienced was related to that.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

March 26th, 2019 09:00

Hi @German10

Whats your current BIOS version?

3 Posts

March 26th, 2019 16:00

Hi,

I've made sure all  programs are closed prior running the update. 

3 Posts

March 26th, 2019 17:00

Hi @Alienware-Eimy 

This is my current BIOS:

"BIOS Version/Date Alienware 1.5.0, 2018-08-10"

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

March 27th, 2019 10:00

Uninstall and reinstall the AWCC by following ALL the steps on this article:

https://dell.to/2TEGVTI

Then install the following AWCC version:

https://dell.to/2TEGWqK

August 2nd, 2019 09:00

you give the same bull**bleep** method in every thread. I have an Alienware 17R5, bought just a few months back and It has given me nothing but pain. The solutions from Alienware support experts does not solve anything. My alienware command center does not have the FX option enabled and I have tried reinstalling it numerous times (The same way you had suggested). There are a very few options available in the ACC app. There is a bios update available according to the alienware update center, when I try to run the downloaded bios file, it does nothing except create a 'amifldrv64.sys' next to the downloaded bios file. I cannot even delete the file as it says it is being used by another application. I tried numerous times and none works. I am a job going person and do not have enough luxury time to spend on repairing a piece of junk that I unfortunately wasted 2k+ on, though its just a few months old. These 'Techinical supports' are literally useless who have no clue on what junk they are selling to customers and how to fix them. I will give ultra poor ratings to DELL and Alienware and will never ever buy a product from this incompetent company. Would also make sure none of my circles would buy them too.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

August 2nd, 2019 10:00

Hi @Unfortunate customer

Please try the following steps:

• Uninstall Alienware Command Center and ALL Add Ons from Programs and Features (OC Controls, AlienFX, Sound, etc.) following ALL the steps in this article: https://dell.to/2KfiSJT
  • Download and Install the latest Alienware Command Center from the MS Store (You will require a MS account). Open Command Center. You will get an error saying "No AlienFX Devices Detected". Disregard the massage for now. The Command Center will ask for deployment of several add ons. Download and install each of them (please consider that you will likely need to log to your MS Account several times for this process to complete successfully, do not skip ANY of the log in(s)). So, if no installation is skipped, your Command Center should be fully ready and all add ons will now appear on the bottom of the Home Page.
  • At that moment, please restart the PC and ReOpen the Command Center. The error message should now be gone and you should be able to control the lights. If the error still appears, but you can still navigate to FX Tab and change colors, then please keep in mind that by the 3rd week of August, we will release a new version of Alienware Command Center that should address this issues.
No Events found!