Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

1 Message

November 4th, 2019 20:00

15 R4, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Primary Surface test fails

I just ran Dell diagnostics on my Alienware 15 R4 with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 and the video primary surface test fails. The Alienware SupportAssist says that the board has the latest drivers and is working properly. I have no clue as to what needs to be done, If anyone could be of any help please let me know Thanks and I would be very appreciated. GeForce Primary Surface Fail Test.JPG

PC performing as expected. No HW issues found with the videos sent. Some drops are to be expected when quality, internet games and temperature mix. PC is dropping the temps correctly and continuing to work without issues. Thank you so much for waiting, after reviewing the videos provided and since those are online video games we cannot identify a hardware issue with your system. The issue reported is momentary and can happen randomly due internet connection, specially if you are playing with ultra or high settings, the fact that sometimes your system drops the FPS are quite normal and is not an indication of failure. 60 to 20s momentary is something expected and nothing to be worry about, furthermore based on the stress test performed a few days ago you can see the Heaven benchmark marked a max FPS of 125.6 and min FPS of 8.5 which is a expected behavior on a GTX 1060. So far your system is working under normal parameters and there is no indication of failure.
DELL-Cares

No Responses!
No Events found!