MotorDonkey
2 Iron

15 R4, mobile connect, Microsoft store, download

I have an Alienware 15 R4. I had to do a clean install and now need to download the alienware mobile connect software. I have installed the drivers from dell but the software is only available from microsoft store. When I go there it says the alienware mobile connect software isn't compatible with my device and won't let me download it even though my computer came loaded with it from the factory.

How can I get this software???

0 Kudos
9 Replies

Re: Connot download mobile connect from Microsoft store

Hi @MotorDonkey,

1. Install Alienware Mobile Connect from Window store from here https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9PMXQ13Q3LGP

2. Install the latest Mobile Connect Driver from DELL.

3. Locate the exe. file of the driver and RUN AS ADMIN. 

4. Launch Alienware Mobile Connect. Follow prompts...

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Henri Claytor
1 Copper

Still show not compatible, is there another solution?

0 Kudos
MotorDonkey
2 Iron

I haven't found a way to download it. I tell them the Windows store says incompatible and cannot download, and they tell me to download it from the Windows store. LOL

0 Kudos
Syops
1 Copper

Same and it is 2019 now.

0 Kudos

I tried this too.

I'm very disappointed with Alienware for talking about compatibility issue with my m15x R2. The system requirements and demands are not very high and yet I have to face this message. It just seems embarrassing.

Also, I honestly wish you had not put in on the microsoft app store. I would have preferred a direct download link.

I hope there is a fix to this soon.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the solution for this. Its really simple.

1. Visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/alienware-mobile-connect/9pmxq13q3lgp?activetab=pivotSmiley Surprisedverviewtab
  2. Click on 'get' and the Microsoft store should open.
  3. Click on the 3 dot icon nd click on 'Install on my device'.
  4. Wait for a minute, you should see your Alienware details. Select your device and click 'Install'.

Hope this helps.

Vivek Alienware.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
AndrewJamison
1 Copper

Still does not work for me i try to install it on my Aurora R7 it just asks me for a redemtioncode which i do not have and was never given

0 Kudos
vitornic
1 Copper

I'm from Brazil. After formatting my Inspiron 7472, I can no longer download Dell Mobile Connect. The support me list of drivers to reinstall, but also did not solve. I tried everything, and it keeps showing up "This app is not compatible with the device" "Este app não é compatível com o dispositivo"
0 Kudos
vitornic
1 Copper

I found a solution!

After installing the latest driver (1.3 A00), follow these steps:
Microsoft Store > Download and updates > Ready to install > Search for Dell Mobile Connect > Click on Install

PS: The app will appear in "Ready to install" if you have already installed it at some other time.

The Install button could not be clicked on the app page, but it was possible in this "Ready for install" list.

Inkeddell_LI.jpg

0 Kudos