Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

13 Posts

November 24th, 2020 13:00

15 R4, problems with my battery level detector

This is not an old pc especially because I did not use it so much. Shipped on August 22, 2018. This pc has this problem since a year: the problem is that my battery is not damaged but some times (with a randomized percentage level of the battery and without charger inserted) my Alienware starts to blink signalling that my battery is at on a critical level but in reality, it is not. This happens even with 80% of my battery sometimes.

Honestly I think that the battery is not damaged and I already tried to run a diagnostic scan but no problems have been detected.

What can be the problem?

Thanks.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

November 26th, 2020 07:00

13 Posts

November 30th, 2020 01:00

Thank you, I'll install updates but I need some days to check the presence of the bug. It does not appear every time.

13 Posts

December 1st, 2020 13:00

Hello, your solution didn't solve the problem. Today it is shown up again.

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

December 1st, 2020 14:00

Hi @fxPlux  occasionally its a problem with the battery drivers, after a Windows Update. Try going to Device Manager, Battery drivers and delete Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery followed by Restart. During start-up, Windows will automatically get and install new battery drivers. Revisit Device Manager to check that these drivers have been reinstalled, if not right click on battery drivers to manually refresh. If these drivers were the problem, normal battery charging will have been reinstated. 

13 Posts

December 6th, 2020 10:00

I'll check this out.

13 Posts

December 11th, 2020 10:00

I didn't forget the topic opened, I'm just waiting if the bug shows up again or it has been solved. Since I followed the latest tip to now it has not detected yet. Anyway, I'm trying to use Dell Power Manager App to manage my battery and get more useful info about my battery status but the software is not able to detect any battery. It is strange, I'm wondering if there is a solution for this too:

Cattura.PNG

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

December 11th, 2020 12:00

@fxPlux 

See if BatteryMon see's the battery.

https://www.passmark.com/products/batmon/

I like this program because I can disconnect my AC and watch the battery level as it discharges.

You can tell when you have a bad cell when you see a discharge from 80% to 40% in less than a second.

Regards,

U2

No Events found!