stevotrueblue
1 Copper

15R4 Failed VGA Fan Test

I have only had the laptop a couple of weeks.  Everything else seems fine,, but for some reason the Support Asst keeps running unscheduled system scans without being prompted.  It will do this whenever I attempt to wake the laptop from sleep.

It then gets to testing the fans and seems to stall then comes back with a failed VGA fan test contact Dell.

I had one of the Alienware techs from twitter remote connect and he updated the BIOS and uninstalled the support asst and re-installed afterwards.  Everything ok again for a few days until today and its started running these scans again on its own.  After failing the initial test it usually passes the follow ups,, and any I have manually done are all ok.  I haven't played many games yet other than footie manager ,, and I ran a heat test during the match engine on that on high graphics and was not hotter than 60. 

He did say they been having trouble with the support asst lately ,, so thought I would ask here if anyone else is having similar issues? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ejn63
5 Rhenium

Re: 15R4 Failed VGA Fan Test

Run the diagnostics outside of Windows -- they are much more reliable.  F12 at powerup.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
stevotrueblue
1 Copper

Every time I do a manual scan through the BIOS or even in the Support Asst, everything passes ok.  I think its even more annoying that it is doing all these scans on its own nearly every time I awaken the laptop or do restarts.

Alienware Tech are saying its a false positive scan result that is a known issue.  So far tried a few things and have now asked me to go into the BIOS and save everything as default.  When I did it looked like everything was default anyway so not holding out much hope that the issue will have been resolved just yet. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
stevotrueblue
1 Copper

This is what I got doing a benchtest program they gave me. Not sure as never done benchtesting before if this is good or not,,, they said it was.

bench 1.png

0 Kudos