AdrianMM91
1 Copper

17 R1, GTX 880M issues after Windows updates

Hi everyone!

I have been experiencing some technical issues with my dedicated graphics card on my Alienware 17 laptop. Ever since new Windows 10 updates were automatically downloaded, my dedicated graphics card (Nvidia GeForce GTX 880M) has stopped working. It shows on Device Manager>Display Adapters> GeForce NVIDIA an error code 43. Now I have tried refreshing my computer to before the updates were downloaded, downloaded and installed different drivers, re-installing Windows 10 and nothing has worked. Only my Intel HD 4600 Integrated Graphics Card worked properly. Lastly, Alienware has the ability to change between graphics cards using Fn+F5 (changing from Intel HD to GeForce) and after pressing this combination my laptop restarted. However, my PC is unable to boot and I am stuck with a black screen. Keyboard, lights, fans and Memory indicators seems to be working. I tried using an HDMI cable to my TV and no connection is available. I understand that maybe my laptop is trying to boot with my faulty graphics card instead of the integrated graphics card.

Now my question is, will my laptop use Intel HD 4600 integrated graphics if I remove my dedicated video card?
I am afraid of turning on my laptop without the dedicated graphics card plugged and provoking extra damages.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

0 Kudos