Cynthia6
1 Nickel

17 R3, LED light missing blue color.

Jump to solution

The lights on the lid including the alienware logo, aren't properly showing shades of blue(also purple, cyan as part of the blue shades). The pure blue itself has very VERY weak light. if I pick the 2 lighter blue options, the lights on the lid are light green. If I pick the purple options, the lights on the lid are more red. I am not sure when i first saw this problem but it has been going on for an year or so.. I tried reinstalling the command center and it did not fix it. Need help, please!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia6
1 Nickel

Re: 17 R3, LED light missing blue color.

Jump to solution

Surprised to see so many new replies in this topic so I thought i might leave some feedback on what happened. It's a hardware problem so the only thing that fixed it was replacing the laptop lid (LCD assembly).

0 Kudos
9 Replies

Re: Alienware 17 R3 LED light missing blue color.

Jump to solution

Hi @Cynthia6,

Check if this is not related to dim lights.

Also run the AlienFX tester, if the same happens running the tester, then it should be a hardware problem. Check this article for dim lights and the AlienFX Tester.

If the system is still in warranty, you can send me a PM and I will assist you further. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Cynthia6
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hello, thank you for your answer! It's not related to dim lights because i have this problem only with my lid. Dim lighting is unchecked..When its checked i can't notice almost any light coming from my lid (if it's blue color) When i run the AlienFX tester the red is fine, the green is fine, then the blue on my alienware logo and the back of the lid has very weak blue light and when i run the white color my lid back and the logo show yellow color! The keyboard and the side lighting under it are fine and show all colors correctly. My warranty is about to expire soon. I've sent you my service tag. Hope you reply. Thanks kindly.

0 Kudos
Danny31
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I've been having the same problem too. The lid and ALIENWARE logo has proper colors for everything else, but the blue is super dim. I need help Smiley Sad

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @Danny31,

Did you run the AlienFX Tester?

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
Danny31
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I just did. The blue logo is still super dim, and "white" turns the ALIENWARE logo to a sort of rosy pink color

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@Danny31,

If the system is still in warranty, you can send me a private message with the Service Tag, if not, you can call our out of warranty support at 866 287 6727 opt4 for repair options. 

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Canonical
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello!

I've got same issue, blue and purple colors missing on logo on the back of laptop and on the front title.

Dell Alienware 17 R4

Using AlienwareAlienFXTester shows that blue color light is very weak, and instead of white there is yellow light.

My warranty:

Service Start date Warranty expiration date

Parts OnlyOctober 17, 2017October 17, 2018
Carry-in Svc/Return to BaseOctober 17, 2017October 17, 2019

And I dont have authorised Dell service centres in my country.

Up-to-date BIOS and Command center installed and re-installed.

What can I do with that problem?

0 Kudos
Cynthia6
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Surprised to see so many new replies in this topic so I thought i might leave some feedback on what happened. It's a hardware problem so the only thing that fixed it was replacing the laptop lid (LCD assembly).

0 Kudos
Canonical
1 Copper

Jump to solution

So I probably cant solve it without Dell service in my country?

0 Kudos