weezerasu
1 Nickel

17 R5, AWCC and OCC don't work

Jump to solution

My AWCC and OC Controls will not update. Brand new 17 R5 just received yesterday. Every time i start the AWCC it says OC Controls has a update and then errors out when i try to update it. Tried uninstalling it and restarting and it still gives the same error when i attempt to install it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
absentee
1 Nickel

Re: 17 R5, AWCC and OCC don't work

Jump to solution

This worked for me:
I did the uninstall first using REVO. Then installed everything per instructions. Then uninstalled again using the instructions you linked to above, then installed again. 

Last week I tried doing just the steps at the above link and it did not work. Today by doing it twice, it worked. Thanks!!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Garg1117
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Same here, after the huge download it just says it cannot update, this happened after it updated BIOS 1.6.5. So I took a shot gave up on the computer updating itself and went to Dell SUpport and Drivers, downloaded AWCC and OC Controls. AWCC install fine this time, then went to settings and features, uninstalled OC Controls and reinstalled it with the new download. It all works now.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @weezerasu

Make sure you're uninstalling and reinstalling the AWCC in a proper way by following ALL the steps in this article:

https://dell.to/2TIETC4

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
weezerasu
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

so i did the steps in that article. now when i open AWCC i get a notice to update the OC Controls. i click ok and then follow the prompts to install and i get this message in the photo attached

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Try uninstalling the AWCC again (following the article), then make sure you don't have any OC Controls files in the system. Open Programs and Features and make sure is not there.

Then, install this version of OC Controls:

https://dell.to/2YAQuqq

And finally install the AWCC with the version I posted before.  

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
weezerasu
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

ok so that worked to get it installed, but now i dont have the ability to change any OC settings or profiles. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@weezerasu wrote:

ok so that worked to get it installed, but now i dont have the ability to change any OC settings or profiles. 

Can only OC if your system was intended to.. like the GPU OC or CPU non HQ.

0 Kudos
pk010302
1 Copper

Jump to solution

@Alienware-Eimy Hi there! I have the same problem as the TS. The issue I'm having while following your guide was that I couldn't delete the Alienware Command Center folder in C:\Program Files\Alienware because of AWCC.NetTools.dll and AWCC.Win32.Helper.dll. I tried deleting these two but it says that the files are being used by AWCC.Background.Server.exe, which I have already deleted. Any and all help will be appreciated.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @pk010302

You can use Revo uninstaller to make sure is removed from Programs & Features, Registry files and your C Drive.

Alienware Arena

Alienware-Eimy
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
absentee
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

This worked for me:
I did the uninstall first using REVO. Then installed everything per instructions. Then uninstalled again using the instructions you linked to above, then installed again. 

Last week I tried doing just the steps at the above link and it did not work. Today by doing it twice, it worked. Thanks!!

0 Kudos