Start a Conversation

Unsolved

AB

7 Posts

January 12th, 2019 15:00

17 R5, AWCC doesn't work

So I have the latest Windows 10 updates (1809), the latest Dell and Alienware drivers for everything, latest graphics drivers, latest BIOS...

However, the AWCC (Alienware Command Center) seems to break after an update yesterday (not sure what version it was) and the AlienFX entirely doesn't load or work, all the lights on laptop stuck on light blue. Essentially, the following happens:

AWCC only loads the Library and Fusion tabs

The Fusion tab sits in a "loading" state forever and if you click on the Temperature or the Power buttons, AWCC entirely crashes with no error message or popup

The keyboard and all side lights load up but I cannot change or enable/disable them, even with keyboard buttons. It stays permanently on light blue.

Tried to install all versions from Dell's AWCC driver website, nothing helps. Think it is not a hardware fault because through installation the lights changes in rainbow for a few seconds.

Waiting for help, have no more strength trying to fix this issue... 😥

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

January 14th, 2019 11:00

Hi @Algirdas.Benetis,

Try a system restore back to a date before the update. 

January 14th, 2019 20:00

@Alienware-Eimy

Already deleted old Windows folder. :(

2 Posts

February 13th, 2019 12:00

I got the same problem. I had to reset my computer after that update. AWCC could not connect to internet so I could not overclock my cpu. -Alienware 17 R5

24 Posts

February 15th, 2019 04:00

Did you try to reinstall the Alienware OC Controls after updating AWCC? The current version of AWCC seems to need the latest OC Controls package to work properly. Latest version should be available in Drivers & Downloads on the support page for your system.

February 22nd, 2019 05:00

SOLVED! The only solution to this is to make factory reset through boot options in SupportAssist OS Recovery Tools. Only the partition with operating system will be formatted. Clean install of Windows 1809 works without visible issues, however SupportAssist OS Recovery Tools finds a problem with 1809 build while testing the system.

3 Posts

April 1st, 2019 03:00

Can you help me? Mine doesn't work now. I don't understand how to fix this. Do you have any videos to fix it ? Now i got the problem too.

3 Posts

April 1st, 2019 04:00

Do you have a review video? I dont know how to fix my m17 r5 :/

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

April 2nd, 2019 09:00

Hi @Jimmy7794 

Can you give us a better explanation of what the issue is and how it started?

3 Posts

April 3rd, 2019 21:00

My problem is , After i update the AWCC newest at 28/29 March 2019, My AWCC cant open , and when i open it, its say that AlienFX error , and i cant customize my keyboard and all lights effect.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.4K Posts

April 4th, 2019 10:00

@Jimmy7794

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

April 10th, 2019 03:00

i have the exact same issue, after contacting dell support they recommended a clean install of windows OS, after that AWCC working fine. try to perform a clean install of your windows operating system.

11 Posts

August 27th, 2019 12:00

I have updated all drivers to latest versions from dell support site but I have exact same issue also.  I have tried system restore and Clean windows install. AWCC works after both method but after some automatic windows updates AlienFX stops working and AWCC crashes after launch. I think problem is related with UWP app. Unfortunately only UWP app of AWCC is avaiable for 17 R5

671 Posts

August 27th, 2019 13:00

@BurakYasar - Have you tried installing this earlier version?
https://dell.to/2ZvRrzA

Some users have gotten a far better success rate with it. Give it a shot!  

671 Posts

September 2nd, 2019 12:00

Hello Burak, we haven't heard from you in a while. Did you try the earlier version? 

11 Posts

September 7th, 2019 05:00

Hi Joe,

Sorry for the late reply.

Thank you so much, i have installed this version and it is working so far.

So if I wont update AWCC i guess i can use it at least this way.

I will provide feedback if have problem again with AWCC.

Thanks!

No Events found!