Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

L

5 Posts

June 26th, 2020 10:00

17 R5, AWCC not working, #6

guys help, I updated AWCC with a fool (I understand that nothing can be updated at all - then everything starts to fail and does not work) to version Alienware-Command-Center-Application_HWJNT_WIN_5.2.89.0_A00

and almost everything stopped working, only the backlight is on! I tried as in the instructions - a clean installation, clean the registry,nothing helps.

installing a different version fails - those that are available - do not fit and do not even begin to install. Reset to factory settings do not offer, this is the last measure.

Dell generally tests its software before release! I saw that similar errors occurred earlier (16-18 years)......

Luciola499_0-1593192688512.png

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

June 26th, 2020 19:00

Hello @Luciola499 many Dell customers are reporting another bad AWCC Suite installer application that is not fit for purpose and that Dell is using their customers to test their code. Our new Alienware 17 R5 Laptop is completely dark and within its one year RTB warranty.  AlienFX devices are preinstalled as standard, there are no reported hardware faults, and seemingly the AlienFX hardware has been physically disconnected. 

@RichWolfis the only person that I know to get a @DELL-Cares response Here

DELL-Cares 
‎09-20-2019
Given that case, we have to refer this over to our Tech Engineers. As it stands right now, the AlienFX is not working to it's 100%.  We'll go ahead and take note of your service tag. However, we cannot confirm or promise a short-term solution for the lights. 
AWCC Warning.jpg

June 28th, 2020 09:00

Sorry, but support suggested disassembling a working laptop and disconnecting the battery, is this your solution to the software problem? what to get to the battery and you need to completely disassemble it and to a person who has never done this is very problematic !!!!

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

June 29th, 2020 02:00

Hello @Luciola499 this solution did not work on our Alienware 17 R5 Laptop, but some Dell Customers report it as having worked for them. 

Download pdf of the Alienware 17 R5 Service Manual Here. To remove residual static electricity that remains on the computer even after it has been powered off:- 

1. Turn off your computer (and remove charger plug from rear).
  2. Remove the base cover.
  3. Disconnect main battery (without removing battery).
  4. Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds to remove residual static electricity.
  5. Reconnect main battery
  6. Replace the base cover.
  7. Turn on your computer (and reconnect charger plug at rear).

July 3rd, 2020 12:00

it did not work. The problem is that the backlight works for me, but the program itself did not find the FX device, I think this is a completely software problem.
I tried to install an earlier version, but they do not want to be installed at all. = (guys who came across help !!!

No Events found!