Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 9th, 2019 10:00

17 R5, AlienFX device not detected after last Command Center update

So I have the 17 R5 and recently I updated to Command Center Ver. 5.2.58.0 . When I switched on the app it loads for like ... as long as you leave it ... ( the most i waited was 4 hours) . If i stop it and start it again It says that no supported AlienFX device is detected. Also the power management feature is broken and as soon as I select something the app restarts. I tried all the possible solutions in the internet : clean install , roll back to previous version ( not possible since it starts updating automatically) , Draining power from the system and restarting it. I am quite exhausted of trying to find solution because i have My laptop stuck in the basic light setting .and u cannot dim it or anything and also i cannot change power profiles.. Is there any exit from this nightmare?  Please share it.

4 Posts

November 11th, 2019 06:00

So yeah DELL. Thanks anyway. Best solution is wait till they release bug free update.

The thing with the AWCC at this moment is that Microsoft made changes in the Windows 10 builds that affects the APP in several ways, and the people from Microsoft haven’t been able to resolve this problem yet. For many cases our solution has been the clean Windows reinstallation when the steps provided didn't work. If the issue persist you can try that, a Windows restore / factory image restore or even the clean Windows reinstallation.
DELL-Cares

13 Posts

November 11th, 2019 04:00

I had a similar issue! After the update the lights wouldnt turn off & starting Command center would show AlienFX not detected! I finally decided to do a factory reset of the entire system! Post the reset FX lights started to function as in on & off! I've update windows completely & almost all Alienware Apps except for Command Center & OC controlls! Will wait until a proper bug free update is launched!

No Events found!