bowen123
1 Copper

Re: 17 R5, AlienFX not working

Same here. Just wanted to have half an hour playing civ 6 on my new laptop after the kids had gone to bed ended spending two hours <profanity> around trying to get the lights working again. Then when I launched it again it messed them up again. This is the workaround I have implemented that is working *so far* Uninstalled Alienware Command Centre completely install older version (5.1.27.0) install newer version (5.2.24.0) – over the top This got it working again. Then to prevent it recurring I: Disable alienware FX with FN and F12 Go into services.msc and stop AWCCService Run Civ My thinking being that if the command centre service is inaccessible then Civ 6 cant <profanity>! Then when finished playing restart the service and reenable effects with the hot key. Its worked so far but time will tell.

0 Kudos
ferrari624
1 Copper

Just got a M17 yesterday, same issue with the blinking lights in Civ. Can't believe this thread is running for 3 months with no solution - jeez - just put the 3rd party kill switch back - one that works anyway. The reason i got this was to have a setup to play my favorite game without breathing hard. A $2K+ computer and I get problems on the first day. Not to mention the notification that it couldn't find my Windows activation code.
0 Kudos
Tupelo4113
1 Copper

Count me in as well. Just got my new R5, and was excited to see the difference compared to my old Alienware. When I was a war, and the light was Red - had no issues. As soon as I made peace, and it went back to Blue - on/off constantly. Guess it wants me to go for domination victory.
0 Kudos
Tupelo4113
1 Copper

I will try some of the fixes suggested to see what will happen.

0 Kudos
Tupelo4113
1 Copper

Should post I am running Command Center 5.2.24
0 Kudos
TronTron
1 Copper

can't believe it's still not working even after I upgraded to the latest 5.2.29

0 Kudos
pj51
1 Copper

I am really glad I found this thread as I bought an XPS 8930 which is supposed to be compatible with a new Alienware keyboard (AW768) and have been going nuts trying to figure out why the keys change color and flash every time I start to play Civ VI. I thought it was my ignorance of how to program the keys in ACC but it is obviously a known issue with Civ VI. I've spent several hours now trying to fix this bug; very irritating. Dell needs to get their act together.

0 Kudos
Joe624
1 Copper

I've contacted Dell; got the usual uninstall, reinstall AlienFX which of course did not work. I was referred to Alienware at alienwaresocial@dell.com . I messaged them; this was the automated response:

Thank you for contacting us.

This is an acknowledgement that we have received your email.

You can expect a response back within 1 business day from the time of receipt.

Kind regards,

Alienware Technical Support

A week went by, I emailed back asking exactly how long an Alien business day was; that of course was also ignored. I would suggest anyone with this issue also email, perhaps at some point there'll be enough of us Civ fans involved for them to do something about it, or at a minimum, respond. At this point I just Fn-F12 to turn off the keyboard lighting while I'm playing, but of course that's less than desirable in a darkened room.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Styx_Ray
1 Copper

So my Aurora R8 desktop system started to blink purple on all lights despite me setting them to Orange solid lights.

My solution Disable AlienFX API in the Misc. settings of the Alienware Command Center.

After reading this it looks like Cive 6 may take over the system lights depending on the Civilization you choose and turning off the API may solve this for you..

0 Kudos