DougalAW
2 Bronze

Re: Alienware 17" R5 FX not working

@James0791 I haven't heard anything back yet.

I've also raised this with 2KGames who have said the information has been passed onto the devs (I asked if we could have a simple option to disable integration with keyboard lighting, just like you can toggle numerous other things on and off).

Not really holding out much hope of either side doing anything about it. 

0 Kudos

Curious if it's only one game causing this could it be the game trying to deliberately change the colors or something? Maybe they're trying to make the colors match the game? That's a pretty cool idea.

0 Kudos
DougalAW
2 Bronze

@MarcFromTheDark Yeah Civ 6 and a few other games have integration with AlienFX. 

In Civ 6's case, it changes the keyboard colour to match the civilisation that you choose to use in game. I think it might also go red when you are at war. Just funky effects like that.

Current problem is, Dell have removed the option from within AWCC to stop 3rd party applications taking control of the lights, and Civ 6 doesn't seem to work properly with the current version of AWCC/AlienFX and causes the keyboard to flicker when in game. 

We're then stuck in the middle of this with the only option to be to turn keyboard lighting off while in game, as the flickering is really annoying. 

I'd personally just like my keyboard to remain with the lighting scheme I've chosen and disable 3rd party app integration, but whether Dell will listen or not, I don't know.

TronTron
1 Copper

Re: 17 R5, AlienFX not working

Same issue.

But mine didn't recover after I quit CIV 6. Now all the lights' aren't working, including the logo, power button, and lid light.

I've tried every way I found on this forum. Simply couldn't turn them on.

17 r5

0 Kudos
dcseankun
1 Copper

Same issue here... ive removed the command center per instructions did a factory reset of the laptop and still no lights after reinstalling the command center.

0 Kudos
Jahziel
1 Copper

Received Area 51M today.  Made sure everything was updated.  Installed Steam and ran Civ VI.  Keyboard started blinking and only stopped when I exited the game.  I have been playing it on my old M18 and the AWCC works fine on it.

DougalAW
2 Bronze

@Jahziel Thats really good info, thank you. 

Just to confirm, was it the same version of Civ you were using on both laptops? And I assume the M18 is using an older version of AWCC?

If so, that would point to a clear issue with the current version of AWCC that we need Dell to address.

0 Kudos
Sean202
1 Copper

I am dealing with this issue too!
0 Kudos
Dazed_Dell
1 Copper

Also dealing with the same flickering keyboard lights issue, its extremely annoying!

0 Kudos

+1

Same exact experience on my 17 R5.

0 Kudos